• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
being on degrassi precludes you from coming off as a thug, sorry jimmy brooks!!!!

he did our homecoming show and everyone who went said it sucked balls

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
being on degrassi precludes you from coming off as a thug, sorry jimmy brooks!!!!

he did our homecoming show and everyone who went said it sucked balls

this. I'd see him around T.O and I'd just chuckle. This was before he made it big, but had a shitload of mixtapes floating around haha.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
most of his pieces are actually very nice. nothing wrong with oxxford suits and brioni pants. most of his shoes are john lobb are brioni.

so what if he has an eye for exotics?

if you're gonna complain about something complain about the sea turtle.

I'm all for exotic pieces, but it seems as if most of his clothes were purchased by a blind squirrel.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
I'm all for exotic pieces, but it seems as if most of his clothes were purchased by a blind squirrel.
Exactly, he owns what seems like hundreds of the things I most despise in clothing, i.e. leather blazers, square toed croc shoes, horrible prints, etc. etc. and then takes really ugly pictures of them daily. You would think that over the course of years of taking pictures of clothing, he would've learned how to make them at least seem appealing.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Teger is not actually serious he is just conducting a psychological study on herd mentality.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
no i think kitonbrioni is pretty cool. he was a nice guy (when he posted) and he deserves at least some sort of acknowledgement for taking the time to post pictures every single day.. for years. also he has a lot of extremely nice clothing in his collection and examples of many pieces that are no longer made, and will never be again (see: 80s japanese runway items, sea turtle leather belts and shoes). for example these shoes rule http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8SeHKkN-C5...1_edited-1.jpg

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
yeah but just because he's nice, doesn't mean his **** can't look like ass. ****, some of the nicest people have the ugliest clothes. You're telling me that you'd wear the hoodie I posted, with those shoes? (he actually did wear them together; that's the joke)

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
nope, but if i was an old dude i'd wear al ot of his ****. are you telling me if someone gave you a cashmere and shearling lined leather brioni topcoat you wouldn't wear it? or john lubb bluchers? or brioni alligator balmorals?

and his patek is awesome

skip over the ugly **** and look at the really, really, really nice things.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
i just have an issue when people go OMG EVERYTHING FITS LIKE ****!!! when the dude was really ill and lost a lot of weight.

it also underscores an issue a lot of people have on sf. just because you might want something doesn't mean that's what everyone wants.. it comes up a lot with **** like 'well why would you just buy j crew and not band???' yea there's arguments about quality/fit etc.. but they only go so far

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ohh. did not know that.

-_-; he should still resell them and get better fitting ones.

on a separate note, did the other gilt thread get deleted too? how come the one in mc is still around

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^ya admittedly kind of bizarre with the timing of the article and affiliate termination all of a sudden

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
i just have an issue when people go OMG EVERYTHING FITS LIKE ****!!! when the dude was really ill and lost a lot of weight.

this part I understand, although I have never commented on his fits. I've only ever commented on his choice of clothing.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^ya admittedly kind of bizarre with the timing of the article and affiliate termination all of a sudden

J cleared it up in the Mod thread saying that it wasn't an affiliate termination

Here you go:
Originally Posted by j
The Gilt Groupe thread and banners have been taken down temporarily as we try to figure out what is going on with them. Their links have not been working for a while now and we are trying to iron out details. Neither they nor we have unilaterally cancelled our relationship and it doesn't have anything to do with the recent "Exclusive stuff made for Gilt" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads