• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^ya admittedly kind of bizarre with the timing of the article and affiliate termination all of a sudden

i just boguht some black spring courts from gilt

lined in sherpa

dope

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
The Gilt Groupe thread and banners have been taken down temporarily as we try to figure out what is going on with them. Their links have not been working for a while now and we are trying to iron out details. Neither they nor we have unilaterally cancelled our relationship and it doesn't have anything to do with the recent "Exclusive stuff made for Gilt" thread.

I didn't see this, but from what I gather from the other thread and the ny mag article I don't think I'll be buying stuff from gilt. it just seems kinda like a scam (although i'm sure a lot of the items are actually good deals).

i just feel like there's so much pressure to buying some item around noon and what if you end up with a product that has less workmanship than the actual items and can't even return it. system kinda seems dishonest

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
ive felt that a lot of the gilt sales have gotten worse and worse and they're pretty blatant about taking **** down and relisting it in new sales. i've seen some stuff go up 3-4 times, especially in brands like marc by marc j and ****

on the other hand ive gotten some great deals.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
J cleared it up in the Mod thread saying that it wasn't an affiliate termination

Here you go:

What does that even mean broham? LOL

Originally Posted by Teger

lined in sherpa

dope

Let me know when they show up in classifieds will cop.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger

lined in sherpa

dope

The leather ones are pretty nasty.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
What does that even mean broham? LOL.

?
confused.gif

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
The leather ones are pretty nasty.

the leather on these is actually totally different from the normal leather high tops (or even the napa ones)

instead of that weird smelling hard brittle leather its extremely soft and actually pretty dope

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
?
confused.gif

Not you dawg I meant the explanation.

In other news I just hand washed your jil cardi and it's fresh ready to rock again. I flossed the silk prorsum jacqard one over a t and under the suede bomber this weekend it was lovely.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Not you dawg I meant the explanation.

In other news I just hand washed your jil cardi and it's fresh ready to rock again. I flossed the silk prorsum jacqard one over a t and under the suede bomber this weekend it was lovely.

oh. The explanation jsut says that the link was broken and they're trying to fix it so they took down all the banners. He also said it's coincidental that the article came out at the same time as all of this.

P.S I h8 you
frown.gif
plz post your first fit pic with that on.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahaha

Sif jet will post a pic.

Teg, I was pretty dissapointed with the leather spring courts when I handled them. Good to see they are lifting thier game as I like the shape.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also my black Backlash Horsehide Engineer boots are ******* insane.

Pretty much came when I tried them on.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads