• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
I also have a narrow face so large sunglasses don't work for me. I've been searching for square plastic framed sunglasses forever but can't find what I want. Most of the smaller wayfarer types are rounded and if I do find square frames, the lenses are 57mm+. If you're looking for aviator style sunglasses, the American Optical pilot in size 52mm work for me.

52mm? i dont think ive ever tried on glasses that small... i shall check em out. I think 55-57mm work ok usually, it just depends on the overall shape.

Most glasses that i see out there at the moment seem to be 60-65mm which is just ginormous on my noggin.

blotto

Reaction score
I think I've now made some of the best screenshots from the movie MR 73 for you experts out there to come up with right type of glasses that Daniel Auteuil is wearing in this film, because as of now, I've only had some (quality) guesses, that I did appreciate, but they weren't spot on.

Man, I hope so much one of you might know what glasses he is wearing.

77316955.jpg

38538191.jpg

14891661.jpg

33664128.jpg

27527952.jpg

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ubc121
My friend stepped on my Rayban aviators and I was wondering if it was possible to get a replacement side piece?

Depends where it broke, but yes. Take it to an optical and ask them to order the temple. It will be cheaper than getting a new frame. But youll probably have to order both sides. They only send it out in pairs.

splattered

Reaction score
Who makes smaller wayfarers in the wayfarer shape? All the wayfarers ive tried on are huge on my face... i'd kinda like to find something in that style but ive never really seen the shape in a smaller form that looked decent.

Burr130

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
Who makes smaller wayfarers in the wayfarer shape? All the wayfarers ive tried on are huge on my face... i'd kinda like to find something in that style but ive never really seen the shape in a smaller form that looked decent.

rayban 2132 "new wayfayer"

Much more modern fit on their original wayfarer. I got em a while ago and love em. Much easier on the face than the originals.

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Burr130

Much more modern fit on their original wayfarer. I got em a while ago and love em. Much easier on the face than the originals.

Wow i think those might actually be perfect... thanks!

bma

Reaction score
i have these (the eyepieces are actually darker and a little more reflective)
RALPHL7002.jpg

sometimes i feel really douchey wearing them though, might pick up some new shades soon.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bma
i have these (the eyepieces are actually darker and a little more reflective)
RALPHL7002.jpg

sometimes i feel really douchey wearing them though, might pick up some new shades soon.

What are these?

Burr130

Reaction score
Originally Posted by George Rosebush
What do you guys think of these:

http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/st...|0||p_weight|0&rec=1&pn=c&imagePath=MS4755710

(sorry, but I can't seem to copy the picture)

Also, what's the general advice on fitting your face? I've got a somewhat long, angular face, long nose, light skin and brown hair. What should I look for in a pair of shades?

You'll get some general advice for fitting but in the end if you want to know for sure...you HAVE to go to a store and put them on your face physically and look at yourself in the mirror. Then make the decision if they look good on you or not.

However, I did hear something about round shades go with not round faces? or maybe the round shades go with round faces? iono lol

StarterStyle

Reaction score
Can anyone help me ID the sunglasses in this music video?

The music gets better after the first 10 seconds. It looks like there's some really good close ups with one at 1:00, but I can't recognize them for the life of me.

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Burr130

Would they be too small on someone with a larger face? (not huge)

I quite like them.

BubbleHockey

Reaction score
Glad I found these forums. Up until today I was posting my questions in the yahoo answers area, and I gotta say, not so productive when it comes to questions about style advice. Hello forum
laugh.gif

Can anyone identify the make/model of these sunglasses?

sunglassesdg.jpg

sunglassesmon.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads