Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by josepidal, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Terrum

Terrum New Member

Hi, I'm new to the forums and found it on google. I'm from UK and hope someone can answer my question.

Can anyone tell me a site where I can find these exact type of sunglasses? Or can anyone tell me what the name of them is and type or something so I can search on eBay etc as I can't think of the name or type for my life and I think they're really cool. Thanks.

Pictures:
    http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/7...1371966133.jpg
    http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/8...1361957641.jpg
    http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7...1351948705.jpg
    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8...1341939309.jpg
    http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4...1331909820.jpg

2. classiccool

classiccool Member

Glad I found these forums. Up until today I was posting my questions in the yahoo answers area, and I gotta say, not so productive when it comes to questions about style advice. Hello forum [​IMG]

Can anyone identify the make/model of these sunglasses?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like the initium world tour

http://www.eyegoodies.com/Initium-Wo...-pr-17497.html

3. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

4. kidtwist91

kidtwist91 Well-Known Member

Where can I try a pair of Persol 649s on? I live in the Washington DC area and cant find a store that carries these iconic shades.

5. 5tan

5tan Senior member

Any asian males with a small nose bridge wear Ray Ban aviators?
    I tried on a pair today and noticed they basically fall off my face with the display model. I know the nose pins can be adjusted, but I think they would have to be pulled put away from the frame and I think it might (probably would) look weird.

Anyone have thoughts or able to combat this issue?

Need a pair of aviators this summer, dont feel like wearing my evidence glasses since they're everywhere now.

6. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

I tried on a pair today and noticed they basically fall off my face with the display model. I know the nose pins can be adjusted, but I think they would have to be pulled put away from the frame and I think it might (probably would) look weird.

Need a pair of aviators this summer, dont feel like wearing my evidence glasses since they're everywhere now.

Try the Oliver Peoples or the Mosely Tribes at Spectacle on Queen.

7. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

Oliver Peoples Benedict would suit you well.

8. 5tan

5tan Senior member

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check'em out.

9. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

Try the Salt Nicolas. I have the same issue and these fit well.

10. raiden83

raiden83 Member

Hi, I'm new here and recently becoming more interested in fashion. My cheap $25 pair of sunnies broke and now I realise I need better quality. I'm interested in spending between $100 - $200 AU for a good build, realiable, stylish pair of sunnies, which offers the best UV protection and polarised of course. I'm not particular interested in spending an exorbitant amount of money for a designer brand like Gucci or D&G, I just want recommendations on brands which you think offer good quality, good value for money. Other than DKNY & Ray Bans, what other brands can you recommend given my price range and needs? Thanks.

11. BubbleHockey

BubbleHockey New Member

12. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think you all know how I look. I lost my last pair of aviators recently and gotta get new sunglasses. Any suggestions on something that fits my face better or should I just go for something similar to what I had before?

13. orlagu

orlagu Senior member

Which bridge size did you try on?
    I have a Persol 2244-S 63/17 and encountered similar issue (though it not falling off). A little adjustment on nose pins and it fitted me nicely. However am eyeing a RLPL aviator 58/14 so your problem might be mine as well...

14. raiden83

raiden83 Member

Can anyone recommend some good quality sunglasses brands, and which to avoid? I heard anything made by Luxottica is generally of poor quality. I'm after something that is stylish yet also a high quality build, comfortable and offers superior eye protection. Thanks.

15. 5tan

5tan Senior member

Just picked up the Salt Lesters in the Honey Gold Frame/Brown Lens.
    They fit perfectly.

Was looking to try the Nicolas' but they seemed a bit too big for my nose/face.

Definitely a good buy, very satisfied.

orlagu - I believe i tried on the 52mm and the 55mm, both fell off my face pretty much.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!