Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by josepidal, Apr 14, 2006.

1. ChristianA

ChristianA New Member

you need 2 forum posts to send PMs. This makes my 2nd one so I guess I can PM him now

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

HI guys,
    I need a little help if thats possible.
    john

"Congratulations you have chosen a really authentic Tom Ford product."

fake for sure

3. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

Does anybody know a cheaper or just other options to these Paul Smith glasses? There's a lot of similar wayfarer-type glasses out there but I really like the squareness of these.

[​IMG]

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

^ If you are feeling thrifty target has a pair of really square wayfarers for $14.00

My question: What are the chances of finding a place local where I can try on Persol 649? I did some calling but most places seem to not carry them. I want to see if I need a 49 or 52.

5. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

^ If you are feeling thrifty target has a pair of really square wayfarers for $14.00

My question: What are the chances of finding a place local where I can try on Persol 649? I did some calling but most places seem to not carry them. I want to see if I need a 49 or 52.

It seems that Sunglass Hut doesn't carry the Persol 649 either. Bummer.

I ordered some Salt sunglasses last week. Can't wait to get them this week!

6. splattered

splattered Senior member

Does anybody know a cheaper or just other options to these Paul Smith glasses? There's a lot of similar wayfarer-type glasses out there but I really like the squareness of these.

[​IMG]

SUPERS kinda fit the bill but i dont think they have those little metal dot details on the ends of the glasses and on the arms like the ones in that pic.

7. mr-bob

mr-bob Member

I like the new Gucci ones, that came out one or two months ago.
    With the beautiful days coming up (well I may have to wait a little bit as it rains since one month in San Francisco), I may get one of these in black plus Persol 649, but still hesitating about the size, 56 or 58. I like big sunglasses, small ones just don't fit me at all.

8. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

I'm the opposite. I like small sunglasses, big ones just don't fit me at all. You have have a lot more options than I do.

9. ubc121

ubc121 Senior member

My friend stepped on my Rayban aviators and I was wondering if it was possible to get a replacement side piece?

10. StarterStyle

StarterStyle Senior member

My friend stepped on my Rayban aviators and I was wondering if it was possible to get a replacement side piece?

If I was in your position I'd be looking for a replacement friend.

11. TxdoHawk

TxdoHawk Senior member

I just recently returned a pair of Oakley Inmates. Loved how they looked (the giant lenses looked good on my fat head [​IMG] ), but they fit too tight, the earsocks would press against my temples and it hurt like hell. I considered trying to bend them a bit, but returned them instead, and at some point I will try and grab a cheap pair off Ebay before I attempt this. Speaking of Ebay, I just recently grabbed these: [​IMG] I get the impression they might be a little small, but we'll see. I'm sure the gradient lenses alone have 80% of the forum dry-heaving, but oh well.

12. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

anyone know if CP is going to release their collab w/ moscot again for 2010? [​IMG]

13. splattered

splattered Senior member

I'm the opposite. I like small sunglasses, big ones just don't fit me at all. You have have a lot more options than I do.

Haha ahh i feel you. Its hard to find sunglasses that work with my more narrow face... HUGE seems to still be all the rage right now :/ Some bigger ones CAN work cause i have a longer nose, but even then... options limited.

14. LuneSoleil

LuneSoleil New Member

I on the other hand can not pull off small sunglasses at all. So the large sunglasses movement has certainly worked well for me

15. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

Haha ahh i feel you. Its hard to find sunglasses that work with my more narrow face... HUGE seems to still be all the rage right now :/ Some bigger ones CAN work cause i have a longer nose, but even then... options limited.

I also have a narrow face so large sunglasses don't work for me. I've been searching for square plastic framed sunglasses forever but can't find what I want. Most of the smaller wayfarer types are rounded and if I do find square frames, the lenses are 57mm+. If you're looking for aviator style sunglasses, the American Optical pilot in size 52mm work for me.