• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

m7ia

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a code I got in the catalog but I'm not gonna use it and it expires today, so I thought I'd post it here

10% off + free shipping on any amount --- FP029F4V4
(couldn't tell if that was a zero or an "O" after "FP)

I guess whoever uses it first lol...

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xanatos
There's some articles online about the workwear fashion bubble waiting to burst
I cant wait till it does. I bet no one even knows how to use an axe but sure dresses like a lumber jack. I cant wait till like rave clothing is back in style. Im sick of this crap.

I can't wait till people stop bitching about workwear. I'm sick of it.

I'm pretty sure the work-wear bitching is far more pervasive and ever-present than the work-wear itself...

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ha ha, wd so poz rep u. has become fashionable to bash workwear.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xanatos
There's FW2010 pics from the awards thingi and theres more of that workwear ****.crap.UGGGHh
There's some articles online about the workwear fashion bubble waiting to burst
I cant wait till it does. I bet no one even knows how to use an axe but sure dresses like a lumber jack. I cant wait till like rave clothing is back in style. Im sick of this crap.

If you know anything, looking at the FW10 collections americana **** is stronger than ever. Its not really going to go away because it takes so much from other "normal" aesthetics, it's not just a random aesthetic like goth ninja thought up by some fashion designer.

xanatos

Reaction score
I just rather see how it was turning to which was prep.Like real good prep but the last year twos its switching

what else is there besides goth ninja and workwear on these forums. I see that over and over. I dont see it was timeless as more as a fad. There are things that are timeless. I buy a lot of timeless things that are worth it.I just can picture people in a a couple of years thinking why the hell did i look like a gold digger haha. It's just the it becomes overboard and nonsense and then people just get sick of it.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
x, isn't americana a little more timeless than goth? i'd rather see americana endure than goth.

xanatos

Reaction score
This is faux-americana. Being produced and said that this is the cool stuff to wear. You can look timeless and then you can look burly. and the same over and over. Like the waywtewwa threads.The guys look like they are just copying a look than lookin natural.
I think thats what I'm trying to say. I have a hard time typing out what I feel but lots of it looks put on,forced,uncomfortable.
But like what he said i really dont know anything.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, i can see yr point. u have to be careful not to overdo it or u become a caricature of it. BUT, isn't anything style/fashion-wise going to be a little "faux"? I mean, I wear "preppy" stuff but I never went to a prep school or ivy league university. it's going to be "faux" because we're never going to be truly "of" what it's inspired from.

Wow, deep, huh.

xanatos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Well, i can see yr point. u have to be careful not to overdo it or u become a caricature of it. BUT, isn't anything style/fashion-wise going to be a little "faux"? I mean, I wear "preppy" stuff but I never went to a prep school or ivy league university. it's going to be "faux" because we're never going to be truly "of" what it's inspired from.

Wow, deep, huh.

my nose is bleeding

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so are you saying when you wear goth ninja, you are actually a goth that is a japanese assassin? I'm pretty sure fashion isn't just about doing exactly what you wear, because that'd be workwear.
eh.gif

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
If you know anything, looking at the FW10 collections americana **** is stronger than ever. Its not really going to go away because it takes so much from other "normal" aesthetics, it's not just a random aesthetic like goth ninja thought up by some fashion designer.

This.

I think the main reason is that a lot of "americana" stuff is basics that aren't real crazy, and fit in a number of other aesthetics. The only hate for it i ever hear is the "oh not another boat shoe/ocbd/etc from the people who get pissed when too many people start to wear any given item.

What always confuses me is how there is so much talk about workwear without that much workwear actually being around. You see alot of workwear-ish boots, maybe some buffalo plaid whatevers, but other than that I don't really see all that much workwear. Plus, when I see workwear in fits in WAYWT its mostly concentrated in guys like JO3b/kixslf/zissou/vashin who do a damn good job with it.

xanatos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
so are you saying when you wear goth ninja, you are actually a goth that is a japanese assassin? I'm pretty sure fashion isn't just about doing exactly what you wear, because that'd be workwear.
eh.gif

nope but they look like idiot wannabes too
smile.gif

xanatos

Reaction score
I just see all the hipsters go from wearing the plaid shirts and stuff from the thrift stores and then they are no switching to redwings and more plaid shirts and boat shoes its just a hipster thing. and just see it all the time how people transition.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
x, we luv u, but yr not gonna win this one. Sorry.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't bought J Crew stuff in a while. Nearest store is pretty far so I'm going to order some stuff. I can't remember how the sizing on the pants is. Is it pretty true to size? Same with shirts and sweaters?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics