• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

sunman42000

Reaction score
Do others find the tab on the chambray collar annoying or make it hard to wear?

has anyone had it removed by a tailor?

i know i know - this is a stupid post, but i love the chambray, just wish it didn't have the tab

shadrach

Reaction score
"they will also price match online sale prices if you find it in-store."

really? because coincidentally i bought the selvedge jeans in medium worn wash today for full price and came home to find them on sale for 100. could i have them match the price without going back to the store?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sunman42000

i know i know - this is a stupid post, but i love the chambray, just wish it didn't have the tab

I find it annoying, and that has kept me from buying it so far. I have the M+O one that does not have the tab, which I like. It's not quite the same, though.

SpacePirate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dunelly
i'm convinced all jcrew shirts are meant to be tucked + cuffed
i dont think there is a picture of their models wearing the sleeves fully buttoned

i think this is because the sleeves are a tad bit on the billowy side, at least in my experience. i almost never wear a j crew shirt with the sleeves buttoned unless its under a jacket or sweater for this reason
smile.gif

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
I find it annoying, and that has kept me from buying it so far. I have the M+O one that does not have the tab, which I like. It's not quite the same, though.

I'm guessing it would be really easy for a tailor to remove the tab.

Fiddy

Reaction score
How is the length of the M+O shirts when compared w/ J. Crew's offerings?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock
they will also price match online sale prices if you find it in-store.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
They wouldn't until recently let me buy 2 watch bands for $30.

dunelly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpacePirate
i think this is because the sleeves are a tad bit on the billowy side, at least in my experience. i almost never wear a j crew shirt with the sleeves buttoned unless its under a jacket or sweater for this reason
smile.gif

yea that was my pt, their sleeves are so massive, u have to cuff it something i dont mind since i do it anyways, but its still weird as their normal long sleeves tshirts fit very slim

Martin1980swe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sunman42000

I submitted my shirt to my tailor to remove the tab and it was cheap and easy and the result was good. I can post a picture if anyone is interested?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
They wouldn't until recently let me buy 2 watch bands for $30.

You got taken. I got mine 2 for $20.

And yes, they HAVE to give you the online price if it's cheaper. It has to be the exact same item though. Sometimes there are similar things online that are not quite the same as the store version.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Martin1980swe
I submitted my shirt to my tailor to remove the tab and it was cheap and easy and the result was good. I can post a picture if anyone is interested?

WHy would you do this? It's part of the design. It's based on old workwear designs. J. Crew isn't the only one to do the tab, either. If you didn't like this, why didn't you just get a regular chambray shirt?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
You guys don't mind all the stitching and the patch on Levis?

Oh, you kids. You've never seen a pair of Levi's jeans? This is what they have looked like for decades and decades.

shadrach

Reaction score
thanks, so could i just email them to do the price change or do i have to go all the way back to the store?

sunman42000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Martin1980swe

i would like to see a pic

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Oh, you kids. You've never seen a pair of Levi's jeans? This is what they have looked like for decades and decades.

I have seen Levis before.
laugh.gif

When I wear Levis jeans I feel I look like everybody else. Which is not my goal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads