• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Victorian Taxidermy Resources

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You should get a head of... the most dangerous game.

Great story turned into a great movie, still can't f***ing believe they had a shot of this in a movie made in the 1930s:

79680203_cfb1ac4690_o.jpg

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I want a reversible catdog.

popplecatdogas6.jpg

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
View of El Negro as displayed in Banyoles. It was in a Spanish Museum until mercifully returned to Botswana for burial in 2000![/url]
Wow, that's ******* interesting. I love weird stories like that.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Matt, are you serious? Because this could possibly make yours the most incongruent, and possibly the most awesome, sitting room in the entire world.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paxton Gate in the mission has some big, dead animals, including a giraffe I believe . If nothing else they should be able to steer you in the right direction. I have a bobcat skull but I had to salvage that my self.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Matt, are you serious? Because this could possibly make yours the most incongruent, and possibly the most awesome, sitting room in the entire world.
But it's still uncomfortable as hell.
laugh.gif
Anyway, I don't support killing awesome animals like lions and tigers, even indirectly, so matt sucks.
ffffuuuu.gif
(and if he buys a taxidermy tiger, I'll taxidermy his pug)

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson

Yes, totally serious. We thought about it some years ago, but it is back in our minds. Of course, we do have the armadillo already.

Originally Posted by NorCal
Paxton Gate in the mission has some big, dead animals, including a giraffe I believe . If nothing else they should be able to steer you in the right direction. I have a bobcat skull but I had to salvage that my self.

Thanks. That is perfect.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What sort of room takes that sort of thing?
eh.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I'm pretty sure that I want to get a taxidermed cat head, probably lion, tiger or other large predator, to put over my fireplace.

It is posts like this (in addition to meaty style and clothing information) that I like best about SF.

Originally Posted by iammatt
umbrella.jpg

I bought a puppy in the Oakland Hills many years ago and the owner had a trophy room with one of these in the corner.

Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Paging LabelKing

This was my first thought after reading the OP.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The closest thing I have to what you want is "Foxy" as the family calls it. It currently hangs over my computer. It was my Father-in-laws first kill at 6 years old at the Old Bucks Hunt in 1923. In keeping with the ritual of the day, after the fox is killed, they cut off the tail and then rub blood from it over the young boys head. Everyone then goes down to the local pub to get pissed and celebrate. Ah, the good old days....

foxy.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics