• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levi's Vintage Clothing (LVC) - S/S '10

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to find Japanese repros for $225 anymore - even basic Sugar Cane's are $275 and the 'premium' brands are over three bills. (current exceptions: Fullcount/Warehouse from BiG)

I paid ~$150 from Cultizm (plus shipping, but here I'd pay tax or shipping) for some LVC '47s in late 2008.

Paul T at Superdenim is saying prices will go up - but they're still likely to be 2/3 the cost of Japanese brands.

Whiskey

Reaction score
I finally soaked my 47's after deciding not to sell them. Pre-soak they were 27x33 (tagged 28x34)...after 28x31. I wore them in the tub during the soak and then hang dried after around 25 minutes. I would really recommend buying TTS or one up in the 47's

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i did the same, TTS, also got for 79bux last year

Shorty Long

Reaction score
I think the '67 505s are the only raw jeans that are not made in the USA for this upcoming collection. Most of the tops and other non-denim items are usually made in Turkey or Portugal.

Originally Posted by Biscotti
Weird how some are made in europe now (1967 505)

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
is Farinellis getting this line?

I know they had LVC for a while last year, right?

avery

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
is Farinellis getting this line?

I know they had LVC for a while last year, right?

he was supposed to get them for ss10 but it's hard to say now with the fate of the store up in the air

starcrash

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shorty Long
I think the '67 505s are the only raw jeans that are not made in the USA for this upcoming collection. Most of the tops and other non-denim items are usually made in Turkey or Portugal.
I just bought some '67 505's from Cultizm a few weeks ago and the tag says Made in USA. Maybe it was old stock?

Shorty Long

Reaction score
I have seen chinos...they are definitely available in Europe...not sure about availability in the US.

Originally Posted by SuperBobo
any news on chinos and duck pants for s/s?

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by avery
he was supposed to get them for ss10 but it's hard to say now with the fate of the store up in the air

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean "up in the air"? What's going down with Farinelli's?

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earnest Hemingway
Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean "up in the air"? What's going down with Farinelli's?

It's not really up in the air, just transitioned from a B&M/online shop into exclusively online. What's partially up in the air I guess is exactly what brands will be carried since some brands have a problem with that for whatever reason.

edit: just read the F thread: maybe the whole thing is "up in the air".

avery

Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
It's not really up in the air, just transitioned from a B&M/online shop into exclusively online. What's partially up in the air I guess is exactly what brands will be carried since some brands have a problem with that for whatever reason.

edit: just read the F thread: maybe the whole thing is "up in the air".

Originally Posted by Mauro
I will have everything posted soon. Sorry Guys. Working on a couple things.

I will not be special ordering. Most brands I am dropping or vice versa. I just don't have the customer base like I did and with the recession and people only buying on sale, what can I do.

If I stop selling online fret not. All of our affiliates are good people and carry most of the stuff I do.
They are better business people for sure. I am to kind and then when I break and say something there is to much back lash. I honestly can't compete with the other affiliates.

I hope people follow my blog and support WvG and spread the word. I am not saying I am closing my online store. I am just saying I don't have the resources to do what I use to. I am sorry.

Best,
mauro

yup, i'd describe this as "up in the air"

Wh0l3

Reaction score
does anyone know if they will have special sizes in this season?

I will need a 34x38 or something similar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads