1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Levi's Vintage Clothing (LVC) - S/S '10

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Shorty Long, Dec 30, 2009.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

Bill is awesome.

2. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Let that be a lesson to you, Levi's: you can make a hilariously shitty product, charge way too much for it, and people will still buy it and write blog posts to advertise for you as they try and rationalize the entire mess to themselves.

3. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Anyone got directions for a size chart for the Sunset shirt, blue striped?

4. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

Let that be a lesson to you, Levi's: you can make a hilariously shitty product, charge way too much for it, and people will still buy it and write blog posts to advertise for you as they try and rationalize the entire mess to themselves.

his posting style is unique to say the least but i think he got the point across...

5. milosz

milosz Senior member

The prices are reasonable, in line with Nudie and APC (and running half as much as the Japanese brands these days). In the long LVC thread at SuFu there aren't a lot of complaints (and some real fans of the brand).

6. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^I have 2 pairs, and really like both. No complaints.

7. Shorty Long

Shorty Long Senior member

8. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

The prices are reasonable, in line with Nudie and APC (and running half as much as the Japanese brands these days). In the long LVC thread at SuFu there aren't a lot of complaints (and some real fans of the brand).

Not sure where you're getting that info. At over $200+, LVC is most definitely not half of Japanese bands at all (if you assume Jap brands are $225-$280)

For the Philadelphia area market, Sugarcube has been asked to rep the LVC line exclusively in Philly. They expect to be stocking 1944, 1947 and 1966 raws only. All sizes. Inventory due this spring.

www.sugarcube.us

9. Shorty Long

The last time LVCs were available in the US (about a year and a half ago) they were retailing for $175. That will almost certainly change with the re-introduction this Spring, but I'm sure that's the reason for the original quote regarding prices.

Not sure where you're getting that info. At over $200+, LVC is most definitely not half of Japanese bands at all (if you assume Jap brands are $225-$280)

For the Philadelphia area market, Sugarcube has been asked to rep the LVC line exclusively in Philly. They expect to be stocking 1944, 1947 and 1966 raws only. All sizes. Inventory due this spring.

www.sugarcube.us

10. b-ill

b-ill Senior member

www.sugarcube.us

Nice! About time Philly starts getting some good brands.

11. milosz

milosz Senior member

Hard to find Japanese repros for $225 anymore - even basic Sugar Cane's are $275 and the 'premium' brands are over three bills. (current exceptions: Fullcount/Warehouse from BiG)

I paid ~$150 from Cultizm (plus shipping, but here I'd pay tax or shipping) for some LVC '47s in late 2008.

Paul T at Superdenim is saying prices will go up - but they're still likely to be 2/3 the cost of Japanese brands.

12. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Weird how some are made in europe now (1967 505)

13. Whiskey

Whiskey Senior member

I finally soaked my 47's after deciding not to sell them. Pre-soak they were 27x33 (tagged 28x34)...after 28x31. I wore them in the tub during the soak and then hang dried after around 25 minutes. I would really recommend buying TTS or one up in the 47's

14. cchen

cchen Senior member

nice, so glad i just got a pair for $79!

15. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

i did the same, TTS, also got for 79bux last year

16. Shorty Long

I think the '67 505s are the only raw jeans that are not made in the USA for this upcoming collection. Most of the tops and other non-denim items are usually made in Turkey or Portugal.

Weird how some are made in europe now (1967 505)

17. robbie

robbie Senior member

is Farinellis getting this line?

I know they had LVC for a while last year, right?

18. avery

avery Senior member

is Farinellis getting this line?

I know they had LVC for a while last year, right?

he was supposed to get them for ss10 but it's hard to say now with the fate of the store up in the air

19. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

any news on chinos and duck pants for s/s?

20. starcrash

starcrash Senior member

I think the '67 505s are the only raw jeans that are not made in the USA for this upcoming collection. Most of the tops and other non-denim items are usually made in Turkey or Portugal.
    I just bought some '67 505's from Cultizm a few weeks ago and the tag says Made in USA. Maybe it was old stock?