1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Levi's Vintage Clothing (LVC) - S/S '10

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Shorty Long, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Shorty Long

Shorty Long Senior member

Talk awhile back was that LVC was going to be available in the US this coming Spring. Anyone know what shops here in the States will be carrying the line?

2. jet

jet Senior member

I think fred segal in santa monica is getting their shipment in january or so.

3. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

I know Farinellis's will be carrying them this Spring as well. Definitely going to have to grab a pair of these. . .

4. Shorty Long

Is that a definite? Things seem to be up in the air with Farinelli's for the time being.

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

Is that a definite? Things seem to be up in the air with Farinelli's for the time being.
    Last I checked, the physical store was closing but not the store (online) itself. And also last I checked, yes, Farinelli's is getting a big shipment of the '10 stuff.

6. Shorty Long

Thanks for the clarification. I knew the physical store was closing, but I wasn't sure about specifics concerning the webstore (if it was to continue in its present form, carrying similar labels, etc). That's good to know.

Last I checked, the physical store was closing but not the store (online) itself.

And also last I checked, yes, Farinelli's is getting a big shipment of the '10 stuff.

7. whodini

whodini Senior member

8. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

Anyone have any interest in a pair of LVC 501 47's in a size 32x34? They are brand new, never worn outside but they were soaked.

Sizing on these has been difficult. These ended up too small for me after I soaked them. I still have the tags, but they aren't attached because I soaked them.

They are brand new. The retarded sizing with LVC's has screwed me here. My loss is your gain. These will be on the B&S forum in the next few days. PM me if you want dibs on them.

9. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

Sorry for noobiness, but what happened with Farinelli's? i.e. why is the brick and mortar store closing but not the online store
    Also, does anyone know what stores, if any, will be stocking type II lvc jackets?

10. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

Anyone have any interest in a pair of LVC 501 47's in a size 32x34? They are brand new, never worn outside but they were soaked.

Sizing on these has been difficult. These ended up too small for me after I soaked them. I still have the tags, but they aren't attached because I soaked them.

They are brand new. The retarded sizing with LVC's has screwed me here. My loss is your gain. These will be on the B&S forum in the next few days. PM me if you want dibs on them.

what is the sizing like? I wear 29s in 501 STF

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

As far as I can tell, almost all LVCs run 1-2" larger than tagged. And, don't believe the statement that they shrink 2" in the waist. They may shrink an inch, but they'll also stretch. That, along with the short inseams (for STF), makes them virtually unwearable for me.

12. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

As far as I can tell, almost all LVCs run 1-2" larger than tagged. And, don't believe the statement that they shrink 2" in the waist. They may shrink an inch, but they'll also stretch. That, along with the short inseams (for STF), makes them virtually unwearable for me.

It's been a while since I checked, but at one point when I was emailing cultizm, aero, and converting all the rakuten measurements, I realized that 1944 and '55 run 1 inch less under most circumstances. Which is fine because I think the concensus for these models is that you buy true to size.

13. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

yeah thats consistant with what this guy says
    http://www.trynka.net/Site/501 1947.html

"Jeans from the 2009 season, manufactured in a new factory with 4170 on the top buttin, are made slightly bigger..."

Maybe they changed again? Because he says they used to run 1 size small

14. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

That, along with the short inseams (for STF), makes them virtually unwearable for me.

+1
    How can a jean company offer a jean that won't fit a 31/33 after washing?
    Do they assume you will just get them dry cleaned?

15. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

+1
    How can a jean company offer a jean that won't fit a 31/33 after washing?
    Do they assume you will just get them dry cleaned?

You can buy LVC that will result in that inseam with that waist.

Cultizm has 1947s in special sizes - they have one remaining at 30 or 31 waist with a 38 inseam which afer stretch will give you 31 waist with an inseam that you'll have to hem.

Another example is their 1967 which has that waist and an inseam of 36 - it's not going to shrink more than three inches.

But, yeah, not all the models (like the 1955) will give a waist that small with an ample inseam.

16. Shorty Long

What cultizm is set to receive:

finished items:

1966 501 Drap
    1947 501 Broken Down
    1947 501 Pitchfork
    1967 505 Black Creek

Rigids:

1915 501
    1967 505
    1954 501 Z
    1944 501
    1933 501
    1955 501
    1947 501
    1966 501

1967 Type III Jacket
    1936 Type I JKT
    Closed Front Jumper

1920 Chino Dijon
    1873 Canvas Rigid

17. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Speaking of which, they have a 30% off sale on select LVC models and 50% off Evisu.

18. zissou

zissou Senior member

Correction. Some of the early models have waists that measure four inches larger than tagged. [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. iwhelan

iwhelan Senior member

This just seems way too confusing and for the prices, I'll keep shopping at BiG! What the heck? Why does it have to be such a pain to actually give Levis money?

20. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

http://craftworkwear.blogspot.com/20...hat-i-own.html