• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beer: What did you buy last time and why?

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Affligem_beer.jpg

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
A japan only thing? I haven't seen it around here even at hardcore beer stores

Yep, Japan only. Just like the Blue Beer that is sold in Hokkaido (its really really blue, like Caribbean water blue). Though you guys in the US are much more fortunate in your selection of beer at grocery stores. I would trade all the chocolate beer in the world to be able to get some good beer cheap and easy here. Pretty much limited to boooooooorrrrriiiing domestic lagers and their lighter counterparts.

__CB__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoNothingGuy
North Coast is also a favorite brewery of mine. Their Old Stock Ale is to die for.
+1. I know you're supposed to cellar it for at least a year, but I'd had mine for a week and its already half gone
blush.gif
Last pickups were Pike Double Tandem (very good) and Bear Republic Red Rocket Ale. A couple of Stone beers have finally arrived here so very keen to try them next.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lost in va
Just showed up today:
20446_279516552465_502332465_3812389_7620607_n.jpg
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

worship.gif
My newest beer was also the strongest I've ever had, although 20% less than TNP (Aventinus Eisbock, edges out Rochefort 10 by a few tenths of a percent I think.) It was good when warm, boozy when cool. I thought it was alright, but I can't think of any situation I'd prefer Aventinus Eisbock over Hair Of The Dog Adam (I'm aware they're not in the same style, but I'd drink them for the same reasons.) Tonight... Leffe Radieuse. Michael Jackson has positive things to say, so I'm expecting it to be fairly good. Result: It could be better, although I sorta spoiled it at first. The metal rim of my Chimay glass seems to be chipping off and was giving an absolutely putrid metallic taste. Switched to an unrimmed glass (Maredsous, actually "better" than the trappist glasses I have. The rim is very thin, like a wine glass.) I liked the mouthfeel a lot, taste was good but lacking complexity. Might crack open this Java Head by Troegs to see if I can satisfy my taste buds.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's score:

*Chimay:
-Red
-Blue
*Rogue Dead Guy Ale
*Unibroue:
-Maudite
-La Fin Du Monde
*Young's Double Chocolate Stout

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I don't drink Craft Brew. In fact, I start to sweat when I see it. My last beer purchase was Smithwicks.
Lol. Mine was Guinness Extra Stout.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night I had a few glasses of Dandelion, from Lips of Faith brewery. Reminded me of a blonde bock: matly sweetnet, but not roasted nor dark.

And I love a cold can of High Life on a hot day.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Please buy the Dead Guy Ale and get back to me. It is so well balanced unlike many craft beers that are so damn over hopped and bitter/pungent.

Drinking it right now based on your recommendation
teacha.gif

Very nice, lots of fruit flavors, rich color and aroma and a taste of hops on the back. Will buy again
inlove.gif

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
Today's score:

*Chimay:
-Red
-Blue
*Rogue Dead Guy Ale
*Unibroue:
-Maudite
-La Fin Du Monde
*Young's Double Chocolate Stout

I bought Chimay Blue, Fin du Monde and Dead Guy tonight
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

anon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
worship.gif
My newest beer was also the strongest I've ever had, although 20% less than TNP (Aventinus Eisbock, edges out Rochefort 10 by a few tenths of a percent I think.) It was good when warm, boozy when cool. I thought it was alright, but I can't think of any situation I'd prefer Aventinus Eisbock over Hair Of The Dog Adam (I'm aware they're not in the same style, but I'd drink them for the same reasons.) Tonight... Leffe Radieuse. Michael Jackson has positive things to say, so I'm expecting it to be fairly good. Result: It could be better, although I sorta spoiled it at first. The metal rim of my Chimay glass seems to be chipping off and was giving an absolutely putrid metallic taste. Switched to an unrimmed glass (Maredsous, actually "better" than the trappist glasses I have. The rim is very thin, like a wine glass.) I liked the mouthfeel a lot, taste was good but lacking complexity. Might crack open this Java Head by Troegs to see if I can satisfy my taste buds.

I really like the non-Eisbock Aventinus, but didn't care much for the Eisbock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads