• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
he wants to know why they tie them up and dunk them in water, as in, what is the rational behind wanting the toe to bend upward in the first place
Exactly. Seems to be counter-productive and serves no purpose.
Originally Posted by chronoaug
It's not actually upturned while wearing them. They're distressed/aged/styled in a way to achieve a certain look. With some looks/outfits a pair of lobb's would look out of place. Is it really that confusing? Are people really not able to wrap their head around things that aren't like the clothes they currently wear?
I can wrap my head around any idea you offer, as long as it has some kind of rationale. Not 'purpose' or 'usefulness', just rationale. I get the rationale behind ruffled tux shirts, just don't choose to wear 'em.
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Oh. I believe the reason is twofold. So they can tack another $75 on to the price of the boots and simultaneously give the wearer the belief that he'll subconsciously project his virility upon unsuspecting females by having boots with a perpetual erection.
See, I get that... ;-) But somehow, I feel unfulfilled, Is that the only reason? I've seen this done on a number of boots and worse, on shoes. Why not let it happen naturally if it's gonna happen? Guess that why I hate distressing on **** too.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
I've wondered the same thing before but I got used to seeing people in pre-distressed denim so I'll probably stop being offended by the elf-style elements some people find attractive in footwear. I agree with Chrono that the affectation isn't quite noticeable with time and wear.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by halberdklown
finally got these in and surprisingly managed to wear em down a bit on their first day out. Anyone that can offer some advice on how to treat/maintain/care for the leather would be greatly appreciated as i'm not too familiar with that sorta thing

4278928293_ece1d66cfc.jpg

I like these! simple and classic

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
These pics from SuFu are seriously making me reconsider my stance on the F+B 745.

(And I mean that in a positive way)

dscn0340ds4.jpg

dscn0341js6.jpg

Does anyone have any pics of the 745 or 709 in black??

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My F+B Edos:

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My F+B 709's:

Jump Around

Reaction score
Originally Posted by halberdklown
finally got these in and surprisingly managed to wear em down a bit on their first day out. Anyone that can offer some advice on how to treat/maintain/care for the leather would be greatly appreciated as i'm not too familiar with that sorta thing

4278928293_ece1d66cfc.jpg

I'm sorry to bother, but what boots are those? They look great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads