• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Two questions. I got the Barker Black boots but they feel a half size bigger but seem fully wearable. Is there any distinct thing I should look for in fit?

And if I end up keeping them what are good tips for taking care of suede?

evencoil

Reaction score
I was really sold on these Alden boots:
AF85

But they don't stock my size, and I'm a little gun-shy of a $450-500 (more?) custom purchase with no returns.

Specifically, I liked black, wingtip, not "clunky" and calfskin with what looks like a sole with good traction. And of course the Alden quality.

Can anyone recommend another boot I could look into that would be similar and same or lower price range?

AlwaysDressed

Reaction score
These are my favorite pair of boots from my collection. Made by Kenneth Cole New York.

Sorry for the watch in the photo, but I took this a few years ago when I got my new Omega.

2663161672_c05a6dda75_b.jpg

ma1

Reaction score
thinking about buying these canadian army parade boots

nzk5s3.jpg

is there something i can do to take the polish off to make them look matte?

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
Two questions. I got the Barker Black boots but they feel a half size bigger but seem fully wearable. Is there any distinct thing I should look for in fit?

And if I end up keeping them what are good tips for taking care of suede?

Thick socks are your friends. I've got a pair of boots that are a bit loose and I just pair them with a thicker pair of socks. Loose without being sloppy is something someone said in the Alden thread, and I think that's a good way to think about it.

As far as suede goes, get some suede protector spray and a brush, brush after every wearing if you want to keep them pristine, or every once in a while if you want the slightly more beat up look.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cutty
I have seen these shoe around and was wondering what, who, where they are from and who by please.
Sorry I am yet to sort the upload of pics so have added a link. They are the shoe at the top of the 8th picture down.
http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/...1_archive.html

Thanks ahead of time.

J.

The captoe double monks?
They look like Crockett & Jones Lowndes with an oddly polished cap.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ma1
thinking about buying these canadian army parade boots

nzk5s3.jpg

is there something i can do to take the polish off to make them look matte?

Acetone will remove the shine. Wear rubber gloves and use an old towel. Be in a very well ventilated space when using the acetone. Let the towel/rag hang dry after. Be careful too, acetone can rip your lungs out if you don't have a window or door open for fresh air.

shortbreadluver

Reaction score
Where's a good place to get shoes and boots similar to the ones in this thread in size 39? Which brands stock this size?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These pics from SuFu are seriously making me reconsider my stance on the F+B 745.

(And I mean that in a positive way)

dscn0340ds4.jpg

dscn0341js6.jpg

z7f9q

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Wow, love those boots. Unreal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads