• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
4245480207_89a7c827ce_o.jpg

Would buy supafast.
Though I might prefer a different color trim.
White, cream, navy, or gray maybe...
I wonder how customizable these things will be.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
sleeve and body length will be.

Andy, did you give me final measurements btw?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Hi Drew (?),

I sent my measurements yesterday, but I'm not sure whether I am approaching this correctly in terms of measurement so if possible, I would like to discuss it further. I have already paid for the peacoat but I haven't been able to decide between the black or the grey micro-herringbone yet :|

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
nice OCBD review from Johannes on sufu, one of our best customers, and probably the first out of the gat to pull the trigger on the OCBD:
Originally Posted by JohannesDeSilentio
while dis is getting his swatch shots up, a brief oxford interlude. My size S arrived just now:
R1004628.jpg
It's a ******* amazing fit. It feels close without ever feeling tight. My rather rigid pose disguises this, but though it fits sharp, it allows for great freedom of movement, not once pulling uncomfortably at the collar, the shoulders or the armpits, as a casual shirt should be. Looking at those lovely natural Vs it creates, this is some great tailoring. For anyone troubled by sizing, I'm 5'9', and about 150lbs.
R1004629.jpg
In terms of the length, it's perfect for my proportions. It is longer than BoO, and not as constricting and tight. All of these are good things in my opinion. I took a mid body shot so that you could get an idea of true length, which is exaggerated by perspective if shot down from the head:
R1004632.jpg
As you can see the bottom button (unfastened in this shot) breaks way above the belt line, which is a good guide to whether a shirt can be worn both in and out. This definitely can in my opinion. The material, buttons and detailing are spot on, as you would expect from TOJ, certainly a ridiculous deal for a shirt at this price. My only flaw that I would wish to point out, in the interest of offering a full report, is that the left hand collar button seems to be misplaced, leading to the awkward collar discussed earlier:
R1004630.jpg
I'm going to fix this myself with a need and thread, but others take note, this is not to do with the cut. All in all, a great debut for TOJ shirting, I couldn't be happier with it really. It is a bit stiff at the moment due to the thickness of the cloth and the reinforcements to the collar etc. so I'm really looking forward to breaking this in.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Gonna put in white imminently, and we'll see them in a week or so. After a few of those sell, we are either gonna do a blue/white stripe OCBD or a plaid tartan in the OCBD block.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
I would like to see brown, maroon, or a deep brilliant violet.
peepwall[1].gif

I like the way you think. +1

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Drew- I almost wonder if the button placement is the same thing with MJK shirts where it seems the 2nd button from the top is too high. If you button it, it's right about your neck, but unbuttoned is gonna be too low unless you want to let all your chest hairs fly free. That always threw me off about MJK shirts too because for casual buttonups you don't button up all the way, i usually feel that button placement is best a little lower. I couldn't find video of the Seinfeld conversations about button placements
frown.gif

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
would like to see all these new shirt buyers actually wash their shirts and dry them before washing because it looks weird seeing brand new ocbds looking like raw jeans on dudes

his fit looks like it'll be good once it gets a wash though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads