The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nil

Nil Senior member

I offer that combined shipping discount but I'll probably be sending OCBD's separately, at my next convenience, since peas are in the production process and will take what a jacket/coat from me normally takes, while the shirts are here in my loft. I'd rather see them go out and be on people's backs.

Dope. Thanks.

2. Leonard Leroy

Leonard Leroy Senior member

I'm on the lookout for those white oxfords whenever they come around. The texture of these black ones is interesting to me, almost looks like chambray.

I should get a fitted shirt, but I really want a slouchy white oxford shirt. I've had this blue oxford shirt, vintage made in USA, a size too big, since high school, been my favorite shirt, all nasty and stained. Love how it fits on me.

So i want me a medium is what I'm saying

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

the MA-1. [​IMG] Sample version, not final, but 95% of the way there. Standard TOJ jumper pattern with upsized arms (it'll be a lot bigger inside to account for the quilt lining, so like TOJ0's 46 body with a tapered/shortened version of TOJ0's 50's arms, it'll work though, this is 46/48 from my standard blocks and it fits me well, but is tight in the arms still, so I'll tweak the block out one more time. I am used to this pattern now though, so no worries. You can tell from the picture that the arms are still a little too slim for the body in this sample. Materials for this sample was a normal flight jacket nylon; we are still undecided at this point but think we might do something different, the goretex probably. I want something with a slightly micro sueded hand. That front webbing patch between the gas mask loops might turn into leather. -Sleeve ribbed cuffs were made a little long on the sample, will be rectified. -Everything else, it'll fit pretty similar to the other varsities. I'll account for the quilt lining on my own but it'll work out nicely, same chart as this: [​IMG] $250 shipped.

4. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

Oh shit, the lining is the same as the WV right?

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

It'll be thicker actually. The WV was 3oz and this will be 6oz fill. That's why I gotta upsize the arms more. Plus it'll look more proportional with a bigger arm. I will get fit pics soon, but my in-house photographer is in Japan right now. [​IMG]

6. breakz

breakz Senior member

It'll be thicker actually. The WV was 3oz and this will be 6oz fill. That's why I gotta upsize the arms more. Plus it'll look more proportional with a bigger arm. I will get fit pics soon, but my in-house photographer is in Japan right now. [​IMG]
    So...pretty damn warm eh? More of a FW thing than a three-season thing (like the leathers)? Also, what colors are you considering? Black & herringbone, like the Harringtons?

7. lovelysteve

lovelysteve Senior member

but my in-house photographer is in Japan right now. [​IMG]

doing research on those jeans i hope [​IMG]

8. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

Oh yeah, what are the color choices for the zips now a days? Only gold or silver?

9. Spicemeister

Spicemeister Member

Damn...that MA-1 looks really cool.

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i have a rick owens pea coat in xl, 24" pit to pit. will measure arms when i get home.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Arethusa, you're gonna kill me with sizing questions. Is your name Ross, by chance? I have a guy who I have exchanged over 200 emails with at this point, and he has bought one piece from me so far.

Look dude, the pea, it's supposed to fit slightly boxy, you can see it's got a nice generous split between the s2s and p2p and the sleeves are nice and wide all the way down. It's not a tight tailored blazer, it's a peacoat that you might want to fit that tight tailored jacket over, or a chunky knit, what have you. The half inches don't matter man.

What I do want to know, is if the sleeve widths on the L and XL seem too big? I always have a hard time when it comes to the largest sizes. Somebody with an XL (ie 24" p2p) pea/overcoat with straight cut sleeves may want to chime in, I guess.

11. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Tha MA-1 looks great, man. I actually like the longer ribbed cuffs and also the idea of the leather patch for a bit of contrast. Can't wait until they're available. Any idea when they might be?

12. Razele

Razele Senior member

Nice work drew

13. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

gas mask loops? can you hang a gas mask off of them or what? i

14. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Arethusa, you're gonna kill me with sizing questions. Is your name Ross, by chance? I have a guy who I have exchanged over 200 emails with at this point, and he has bought one piece from me so far. Look dude, the pea, it's supposed to fit slightly boxy, you can see it's got a nice generous split between the s2s and p2p and the sleeves are nice and wide all the way down. It's not a tight tailored blazer, it's a peacoat that you might want to fit that tight tailored jacket over, or a chunky knit, what have you. The half inches don't matter man.
    At this point, I'm just asking because I don't measure any of my other stuff with front shoulder measurements, so I have absolutely no idea how yours measures across the back at the widest point. 18, 18.5, whatever; I just need to know. Also, no, I'm not Ross. Same name on sufu. Also, you just about sold me on that MA-1. <3 Cayce Pollard.

15. Noochie

Noochie Senior member

will white oxfords be available for order soon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.