The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

[Pics redacted; way better post-wash fit pics here, haha: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...83#post2823883] Wearing an XS fresh out of the box. I'm 5'9", 130ish, ~35" chest (basically the same build as Drew). This is about as slim as I like my shirts, so I think I'm gonna stick with hang drying (which I do with all my nice shirts anyway, so no big deal). Kinda tempted to order one in S and shrink it down, though, so I can get some nice roping going on; it's a little too crisp for a casual shirt at the moment, imo, although I'm sure it'll improve with wear. Have some other thoughts on the actual shirt that I'll post later.

2. jaac

jaac Senior member

Looks really nice, fits well but the arms look a little long?

3. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Meh, they're stacking. The design has a faint western shirt thing to it. It fits.

4. pooMonger

pooMonger Well-Known Member

the ma-1 is my next purchase. Vacillating between Med./Large. What's the return policy for TOJ?

5. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

This is about as slim as I like my shirts, so I think I'm gonna stick with hang drying (which I do with all my nice shirts anyway, so no big deal). Kinda tempted to order one in S and shrink it down, though, so I can get some nice roping going on; it's a little too crisp for a casual shirt at the moment, imo, although I'm sure it'll improve with wear.

Have some other thoughts on the actual shirt that I'll post later.

Nah man you need to shrink that shit up. Pretty sure it'll look better afterwards, especially on the arms.

I do like these details though, almost forgot the placket didn't extend to the bottom.

6. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Do not listen to this man. If you put that through the dryer, it will be a tourniquet.

7. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

lol, nah, it's slimmer than it looks, trust me. Lengths could maybe stand to shrink an inch or so, but the chest is perfect as is; any smaller and it'd start limiting my range of motion.

8. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Looks great man, stacking is nice.

9. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Photochops from amardeep
    and a modified bomber

10. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

^^

Those colors make me want an ma-1...Damn funds.

11. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

drew how warm is that ma-1 going to be? considering my only winter jacket is my +J military coat, and I've been wanting an ma-1 for a bit, I'm interested in that if it'll keep me nice and toasty now that korea turned into frozen hell

12. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

My review of the TOJ black oxford: Fit: Almost perfect. Slim, but not shrunken. Because someone is going to ask: I wear an S in BoO, and I'd say this XS fits similarly in the chest, slightly more relaxed through the body, and has a much nicer hem cut. Shoulders are narrower than BoO too, which is a plus for me. My one complaint is that I think the forearms could stand to be a bit wider. As it is, they're too tight for me to comfortably roll up my sleeves. I also think it'd help the proportions, as the biceps are rather loose in comparison. I've noticed that on almost all of my shirts, there are little pleats that gather up the material where the sleeve joins the cuff; the TOJ sleeves don't have this, and just taper straight into the cuff instead, which probably accounts for the slimness. Keep in mind this is an XS, though, so your mileage may vary. Material: The black oxford is really nice. It's a fairly fine weave, so it looks solid gray from a distance, but has a nice texture up close; very slubby, looks a lot like chambray, really. The actual hand is surprisingly smooth, though. As oxfords go, it's not super beefy, but definitely not flimsy; a comfortable, all-season weight, I'd say. Design: Really like all the details. If there's one thing I'd change, it'd be the collar, which is a bit too tall for my liking, but I realize that's mostly a matter of personal preference. The collar roll is also a bit awkward (especially so in my pics), but it's still crispy fresh out of the box, so I'm going to reserve judgment on that until it's had a bit more wash and wear. Construction: Impeccable. The only thing I noticed is that the collar buttonholes are larger than they need to be; they seem to be the same size as the ones on the placket, but the buttons are smaller, so the collar points move around a bit and pop off fairly easily if I pull on them. Probably just a production oversight. Oh, and Drew isn't kidding, the buttons are chunky as fuck, lol. Overall, I don't think you'll be able to find a better shirt for under a bill (retail). Will definitely be buying more of these.

13. Dentata

Dentata Senior member

Looks gray in the pics.

14. bows1

bows1 Senior member

It looks super long too. We'll see when I get mine! P.S. That sucks that you'll do the shipping discount with oxford + peacoat even though they ship at different times and not an order for black + white oxford [​IMG]

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

We'll do them man, but you have to cop two things at once, so the principle stands that the least I could maybe save myself a little shipping and pass that on to you. I usually don't, but that is on me, so I ship stuff when it hits my hands.
    The white shirts aren't at my house right now, so I didn't want to have to deal with that yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.