• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sccoopy
I need some help here. I got a pair of cherry GTs at a very good price, however, the only size I could get is my true shoe size. I know everyone size down on these. and my shoes are indeed a little long for me. They are perfect width wise. Do you guys think insoles would help? I have not really worn them because of possible return. If anyone of you have good experience without sizing down, I might keep them. Thanks.

they may help a little. I sized down 1 and mine are still too long in the heel and toe, but its just an annoyance I can live with, a little slippage I can deal with and I can't be arsed to get another size after going through 2 already.

I use a very thin oder eater insole. If they are too long like mine are theres not much room up top so a thin insole works but a thicker one may just cram the top of your foot. Long in the toe box is fine, actually better for wearing thicker socks but long in the heel is annoying as hell (slippage). Mine are both but Ive had them for a couple of years now so I just wear them and will replace with a half size smaller next time.

Can't hurt to try...

Goulash

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find Obenauf's LP in Toronto? Or should I just get some Sno-Seal instead? Which one do you guys recommend?

context

Reaction score
Anyone have a pic like this of the 9012s?
Would you say these are dress-casual or just casual?
I'm selling the IRs & looking for something more versatile.

Below is Get Smart's photo.
redwingx.jpg
[/quote]

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by context
Anyone have a pic like this of the 9012s?
Would you say these are dress-casual or just casual?
I'm selling the IRs & looking for something more versatile.

Below is Get Smart's photo.
redwingx.jpg

[/quote]

they are casual.

th0rbahn

Reaction score
Got my black GT on christmas and they're perfect. the fit is spot-on, I got 11.5 where I typically wear a 12 dress shoe and 11.5 clarks DB. RW customer service recommended their own brand of leather protector (duh) for treating them, but is there any reason to NOT use this as opposed to sno-seal, obenauf's, etc?
248-768-Red%20Wing%20Leather%20Protector.jpg

Gunky

Reaction score
I cannot find these ANYWHERE.....in chestnut that is...some stores around me have them for 270-300, but that's way too much if I can get them for cheaper online which I cannot find Chestnut color ANYWHERE in a size 9D.

velomane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gunky
I cannot find these ANYWHERE.....in chestnut that is...some stores around me have them for 270-300, but that's way too much if I can get them for cheaper online which I cannot find Chestnut color ANYWHERE in a size 9D.

I got mine about two months ago from here. It took them a few days to get them, but they arrived safe and sound in Canada.

I used a coupon code to get 10% off, but it's no longer valid. Perhaps someone has a new one.

Good luck, let us know how you make out.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jaac

Reaction score
Yeh, mine do fine in the rain, though i did kinda fuckup and polish over a wet spot on the toe before it fully dried so i have a little mark there now. I'm not really fussed as i'd rather use these as outdoor shoes and not dress boots.

Fiddy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by velomane
I got mine about two months ago from here. It took them a few days to get them, but they arrived safe and sound in Canada. I used a coupon code to get 10% off, but it's no longer valid. Perhaps someone has a new one. Good luck, let us know how you make out.
I called Baker's last week as I was looking to pick up the Chesnut GT also. No discount codes right now, but they did have the lowest advertised price that I could find. Also, Baker's didn't have the boots in stock (at least in my size) so they would have to be ordered and drop shipped directly from RW in Minnesota. If anyone finds a better price, please pass it along.

dayglo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gunky

http://www.clothingbrigade.com/produ...g-beckman-boot

i suspect they will have a new years sale soon. keep an eye on their affiliate thread. i picked my pair up from there 40% off on the day after thanksgiving flash sale.

Fiddy

Reaction score
Just in case some of you may have missed it, this was just posted. I finally picked up some Chesnut GT's and as long as the Bing Cashback goes through, they'll be a bit less than $180. If it doesn't, they were $208.76.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads