• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

amnesiac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Sure, but then you could forget about walking or sitting in the coat. You wouldn't be able to move. I don't know how you guys can size down a heavy melton wool coat like that and expect it to fit well and not flare out at the bottom. The key to teger's coat fitting him well is that it's the right size for him.
Another reason why Teger's coat fits is because he's big enough to proportionally fill the coat. The sterlingwear coats are a very specific fit and sizing down helps somewhat, but not really. If you're 'slimmer' then it just won't look right because you'll have to size down too much to make the chest fit or it'll be too big in the shoulders because the shoulders are too big or because your arms are too small for the rather roomy sleeves. The more sterlingwear fit pics I see, the more I realize that the problem is simply that it's cut to either be worn roomy and boxy, or fitted by more stout navymen. If you're skinnier you might get a decent fit sizing down 1, but if you need to size down 2 it's just going to look awkward. Also, fit pics where you hold the cameraphone up at head level are almost entirely worthless because the shoulders are bunched and the sleeve length is off. Also, the classic doesn't have a vent. It's also fully quilt lined, if that's your thing. My authentic fits great (it's somewhere buried in this thread). The only problem I have is the buttons aren't sewn in with a backing button or sufficient anything so they're pulling. I'm changing them out this break.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I think one of the biggest issues I see with a lot of modern peacoats is ugly, oversized buttons.

sealucky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vincent
I am looking to buy a peacoat as a winter jacket.

I am looking for a tight fit and price range below 1000 dollars.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

buzz rickson's 1910 model. It's the best pea coat that I've ever had

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^One of the (if not THE) best authentic pea coats money can buy. I think Self Edge was getting them in.

Sullik

Reaction score
Originally Posted by manofstyle

Huge, table-breaking Tyrwhitt pictures

I think that's a pretty fantastic looking coat, and I'd probably jump on ordering one if they came in a 36.

wariat

Reaction score
Hello! I've been browsing this thread for a while now because I'm in need of a peacoat.

If anyone lives in the NYC area they can go try out the sterlingwear peacoat @ kaufman's army and navy on 42nd. I went and tried on a 36R and a 38R. I'm 5'10-5'11 and 155-160lbs.

The 38R was a decent fit except I couldn't fill the shoulders. I felt it was a little long too. If I hit the gym the 38R will probably be good for me. The 36R was decent too. I filled in the shoulders better but the arms were tighter. Like someone said many pages ago, "don't expect to throw a football while wearing a sterlingwear peacoat."

I tried each size with and without a hoodie on. The 38R was definitely more welcoming for it. It was okay with the 36R, a little tight but manageable. I see no reason to wear too many layers underneath considering how warm the coat is. The quality is fantastic and it's made in the US. For once I think I'll step away from the brands that make their **** in third world countries and give this peacoat a shot. I love the authenticity of having something that the US navy wears.

I'll be purchasing a 36R. If I decide to get off ****** and work out I'll buy a 38R.

cheers

Jeef

Reaction score
Been following this thread for a while. Finally decided to go with a 34R Authentic.

photo-2-1.jpg

Stats:
Height: 5'7
Weight: 135
Chest: 36
Shoulders: 16.5

Fit ok?

stylar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
N. Hoolywood made a perfect slim fitting peacoat back in 2005, if anyone is so inclined to track one down. There's actually one for sale here in a fitted size M here for 53000 yen. All kinds of insane details like a funnel neck, double front pockets that button shut, nice viscose lining, and one of the coolest textured wools I've seen

http://www.kind.co.jp/shibuya/newpage64.html

Been wearing mine for three years now, love it

[/url]

Is this available any where online? Link? Price?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jeef
Been following this thread for a while. Finally decided to go with a 34R Authentic.

photo-2-1.jpg

Stats:
Height: 5'7
Weight: 135
Chest: 36
Shoulders: 16.5

Fit ok?

Our measurements are almost exactly the same. Appreciate the fit pic, no ****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads