• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

paulesquire1

Reaction score
yup, bought the camel pantone and i'm a 40R. sized down to 38R, couldn't have sized down more or the chest would've been too tight.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaydc7
So is the general consensus on sterlingware to size down 1?

Depends on how you like it to fit (and I'm guessing your own body type), it's discussed repeatedly in this thread. Typically people either go with their true size or sizing down 1, with a few people even sizing down 2 (but I can't imagine this is comfortable, but to each their own). Read through the thread and decide for yourself or order a bunch and eat the return shipping.

stylar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steggy
only 8 more dayys until
spiewak_mckenzie1.jpg

When? Where? How much?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Spiewak McKenzie, I believe. Off the top of my head, Zappos and Urban Outfitters carry that.

stylar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
^^ Spiewak McKenzie, I believe. Off the top of my head, Zappos and Urban Outfitters carry that.

Yeahh. They don't have that specific color, though.

Original Poster: Will that be at Urban Outfitters in 8 days? Or, if not, where then?

ataru

Reaction score
he *might* be suggesting that it's a christmas present...

amnesiac

Reaction score
What do you guys think about used military brass buttons? Also, what if they're mismatched? I need something new for my sterlingwear, i'm bored.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh. Mismatched buttons are going to look ****** most of the time.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not? I replaced one of the black plastic buttons on the Sterlingwear I used to have with a brass one. I liked the detail.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you deliberately change out one, I can see that, but if you just reach into a bucket of old brass military buttons, most of the time you're going to look like you should be smothered with a Trovata peacoat and shot.

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Got one last season, very happy with it. Had the waist taken in slightly and now it fits pretty much dead on. Very warm, good cut for tall/slim dudes. Only drawbacks are the noisy lining and poorly attached buttons.

amnesiac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
If you deliberately change out one, I can see that, but if you just reach into a bucket of old brass military buttons, most of the time you're going to look like you should be smothered with a Trovata peacoat and shot.

I'm thinking a full set of marine corp eagle and anchor domed ones in shiny brass.

Only problems are 1. shiny 2. brass 3. blurring the line between military inspired and military dress up.

i just wanna ditch these black anchor buttons. maybe i'll just make the ones i have now matte finish...

Steggy

Reaction score
The stock pic is from need supply. it's what turned me onto the jacket, but it had been sold out in the size i wanted, so, i looked around and ......... was selling through amazon. threw it on the ol' christmas list to see if i could possibly get it as a gift rather than buying it, and i happened to see a shipping box with a huge ass karma loop logo on it in the house the other day. so...8 more days lol.

Clemson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jeef
Been following this thread for a while. Finally decided to go with a 34R Authentic.

photo-2-1.jpg

Stats:
Height: 5'7
Weight: 135
Chest: 36
Shoulders: 16.5

Fit ok?

34R as in the 'Coat Size' or the 'Chest Size' on the size chart?

sw_sizechart-adult.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads