• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniqlo Jeans

krylon80

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leif-fire-eater
for the money, I've been really happy with the uniqlo jeans. No complaints at all and I would buy them over APCS everytime.
and you can't argue about the fact that they're 1/2 the price either! i'm gonna go uniqlo for my first raws...then apc.

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by krylon80
what are you talking about, it's on their website right now and i called to check stock last week.....

Didn't realize this thread was so old. So what's their equivalent model currently in comparison to the old one. You talkin bout the NY store?

krylon80

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fueledbynewjersey
Didn't realize this thread was so old. So what's their equivalent model currently in comparison to the old one. You talkin bout the NY store?

yeah this thread was started a while ago, but my post is new. dont know, dont care. i'm lookin for info on the "japan selvage denim", which they carry right now. yes, the NY store. thats the only way people in the US can buy uniqlo.

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score
yeah this thread was started a while ago, but my post is new. dont know, dont care. i'm lookin for info on the "japan selvage denim", which they carry right now. yes, the NY store. thats the only way people in the US can buy uniqlo.

Ahh you and I have the same interests haha. I'm headin down to the NY store on saturday and would also love to know what you find in regards to denim. Would it bother you if you could PM me what you find on friday?

krylon80

Reaction score
Ahh you and I have the same interests haha. I'm headin down to the NY store on saturday and would also love to know what you find in regards to denim. Would it bother you if you could PM me what you find on friday?

no sweat. can do. just in terms of what's in stock?

beowolf

Reaction score
I will be going to NYC on the 30th and I am also interested in the Uniqlo Demin. Can you let me know as well?

krylon80

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beowolf
I will be going to NYC on the 30th and I am also interested in the Uniqlo Demin. Can you let me know as well?

yeah, i'd be happy to. if you told me what to let you know about. or i could just come back and post

"went to uniqlo friday. they had jeans."

beowolf

Reaction score
Thank you,

I am mainly concerned about fit. I wear a size 34 in pants, but for APC I wear 33/34. I am 6'3" and 186 pounds. I am curious how the fit compares.

krylon80

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beowolf
Thank you,

I am mainly concerned about fit. I wear a size 34 in pants, but for APC I wear 33/34. I am 6'3" and 186 pounds. I am curious how the fit compares.

the fit of what? the japan denim reg fit? cause thats the only style im bothering with.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what are you talking about, it's on their website right now and i called to check stock last week.....

was it the new uj selvedge or the older made in japan selvedge? the new uj's are still pretty decent but the japan ones were nicer. the uj's are cheaper tho..

krylon80

Reaction score
Originally Posted by anonymouz
was it the new uj selvedge or the older made in japan selvedge? the new uj's are still pretty decent but the japan ones were nicer. the uj's are cheaper tho..

on their site they still have the japan denim. if they have both still, fine. if they replaced the japan denim with a lower quality "uj" (whatever that is), im gonna be pissed. im going tomorrow just to get some japan denim.

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score
no sweat. can do. just in terms of what's in stock?

thanks! yea pretty much just whats in stock. Im basically looking for the same thing you are. the uniqlo Japanese denim, with regular or slim fit. im a 32x32. is there any sizing issues?

krylon80

Reaction score
thanks! yea pretty much just whats in stock. Im basically looking for the same thing you are. the uniqlo Japanese denim, with regular or slim fit. im a 32x32. is there any sizing issues?

ok, i'll let you know what i discover.

krylon80

Reaction score
wow, what a shitshow! i'm gonna chalk this up to the holidays being right around the corner and it being a friday afernoon, but that place is completely mental and the staff are so harrowed they can't even think straight and properly help you!

but, to answer some ?s

the "japan raw denim" as well as the new "UJ" denim are both available in many different sizes EXCEPT 30 (I think i got the last one in reg fit, blue). judging by the craziness of yesterday though, i doubt it stays that way.

i would suggest avoiding this place until next year if possible, seriously.

as far as the fit goes. i am 31-32 in "normal" jeans and the "japan raw denim" were pretty true to size. i ended up going with a 30 (just a bit tight) to compensate for stretching, but a 31 would have fit comfortably walking out of the store. if you're also concerned with stretching (which i was advised there'd be little, if any, with these) i would only size down 1. if not concerned, you can stay true to size.

conversely, i was also concerned with any possible shrinkage after the first wash. talking with the in-store "men's denim expert", i asked him if they were sanforized (i've read on this site that they are, but have no confirmation, anyone?). he wasn't familiar with that term. troubling. the same person advised me there wouldn't be any stretching. because i beleive that all jeans stretch to a degree and all jeans shrink to a degree, i went with a size that i could comfortably wear going in each direction. so if my 30's end up a half-inch or an inch bigger after stretching, that's fine. if they then shrink back down a half-inch, inch or inch and a half, that's fine as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads