1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Uniqlo Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 17, 2005.

1. APK

APK Senior member

Those caught my eye, too. Are they a tapered or straight cut? I've got a pair of black S-002's I adore, since they're slim without being too skinny. I'd love to add a grey version of them to my arsenal.

2. ma1

ma1 Senior member

They aren't tapered but they are quite skinny. On my 32s hem is 8", knee is the same, thighs are 10.5", pretty low rise at 9.5".

3. jaac

jaac Senior member

Whats the closest cut to apc ns? tia

4. krylon80

krylon80 Well-Known Member

Whats the closest cut to apc ns? tia

jap denim slim fit.

5. Julian84

Julian84 Well-Known Member

ah i see...who is a reliable person on SF that can do uniqlo pickups

I just mailed uniqlo this weekend and they responded and said they are indeed doing email orders still. May wanna check that out.

6. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

^i already ordered over the phone but thnx

7. GahDuma

GahDuma Active Member

i can give you a japan denim comparison. skinny fit is like the ns's, reg fit like the rescues, with the one exception you dont really need to size down. their phone ordering sucks, also email ordering is no longer supported (prob why you havent heard back [​IMG]
    So if I wanted something to replace my NS, I wouldn't have an option for "Japan Denim"? It seems they only have Japan Denim for slim fit straight and regular. Also, are Uniqlo jeans button or zipper fly?

8. Matt

Matt Senior member

probably not a universal truth, but both mine have zippers.

9. Jonah

Jonah Senior member

I have the T-000 skinny, the Japan Raw Selvage Denim Slim-Straight and tried on the Regular's. for comparison I have APC NS, Dior 19cm and PRPS Barracuda.

The slim-straight=APC NS (8inch knee, 8inch hem on a 32), the T-000 skinny=smaller then dior 19cm (6.5 inch hem), regular's looked exactly like my PRPS barracuda's (8.5+ inch hem) which are slightly smaller then apc rescues I also tried before.

10. snuff_daddy

just got my straight slim S001 colored pants from UNIQLO measured a pair for everyone BiG style [​IMG] tagged size 31x34 w: 16" f. rise: 9'5" b. rise: 13.5" thigh: 11" inseam: 34" knee: 8.25" hem: 8" incase anyone wants to know how long phone ordering takes to arrive i ordered on saturday got the pants on thurs via fedex ground

11. fueledbynewjersey

fueledbynewjersey Senior member

So if I wanted something to replace my NS, I wouldn't have an option for "Japan Denim"? It seems they only have Japan Denim for slim fit straight and regular.

Also, are Uniqlo jeans button or zipper fly?

Hm, I got the Jap Slims T-001 both in indigo and black recently and both are button fly

12. Midnite8

Midnite8 Active Member

yeah they are button fly

13. Julian84

Julian84 Well-Known Member

just got my straight slim S001 colored pants from UNIQLO

measured a pair for everyone BiG style

[​IMG]

tagged size 31x34
    w: 16"
    f. rise: 9'5"
    b. rise: 13.5"
    thigh: 11"
    inseam: 34"
    knee: 8.25"
    hem: 8"

incase anyone wants to know how long phone ordering takes to arrive

i ordered on saturday got the pants on thurs via fedex ground

Can you elaborate on how you phone order? My email order is taking forever. I just don't know how I'd go about calling an order in without being able to link what I want. For what it's worth, I want the black pair of pants you have :p

14. Eason

Eason Senior member

I checked the UJ skinny tapered out a few days ago. I ended up not buying because of the zipper fly and the lap creases. If I wanted a lose cut though, I'd definately pick up the UJ slim straights.

15. snuff_daddy

Can you elaborate on how you phone order? My email order is taking forever. I just don't know how I'd go about calling an order in without being able to link what I want. For what it's worth, I want the black pair of pants you have :p

call them leave a message w/ your contact info
    they'll get back to u (or not)
    then they take down what u are lookin for and call u back w/ what they have
    then if u want to buy they get your CC info

simple as that

16. supercarl

supercarl Senior member

All,

Have bought a pair of Uniqlo selvedge jeans that I have been wearing in for about a month now. I'm new to selvedge so not up to speed on the care, however I understand that you should soak to shrink, and wear for approx 6 months.

Also I know that these should be preshrunk, but will still shrink a little.

This might be a dumb question, however I'd like the waist to shrink on these by approx 3/4 to 1 inch. Would it help by soaking in warmer water? If so, how long? I appreciate that I will need to stretch the legs afterwards.

Also, when should I soak? After the six months, or perhaps now (assume no detergent).

Any tips gratefully appreciated.

17. yamazs

yamazs Well-Known Member

If you have worn them and they have stretched out and you want them to shrink back to their original size then just soak in some warm/hot water and hot dry... but they will most likely just stretch back out after some wears...

BUT if they haven't been worn they most likely won't shrink that much and you should have bought a size smaller.

soak whenever you want... i prefer to do it at the beginning or end... so you don't have to worry about your honeycombs/whiskers resetting in different places...

also... selvedge denim isn't really any different than any other raw denim... so just wear them to death.

18. supercarl

supercarl Senior member

If you have worn them and they have stretched out and you want them to shrink back to their original size then just soak in some warm/hot water and hot dry... but they will most likely just stretch back out after some wears...

BUT if they haven't been worn they most likely won't shrink that much and you should have bought a size smaller.

soak whenever you want... i prefer to do it at the beginning or end... so you don't have to worry about your honeycombs/whiskers resetting in different places...

also... selvedge denim isn't really any different than any other raw denim... so just wear them to death.

Thanks yamazs, they have been worn and have stretched... Couldn't size down as I couldn't get my thighs into the 30's, but the 32's were a little loose on purchase.

Will soaking them now cause a problem given that I'm part way through the "6-month" wearing?

19. yamazs

yamazs Well-Known Member

Soaking them now won't really be a problem... but they most likely will just stretch back out again after a month of wear, leaving you in the exact same spot you are now. If possible I would just wear a belt.

Soaking/washing your jeans more than once every 6 months isn't necessarily bad... but it will just lead to a more uniform fade (less contast, less noticeable whiskering and honeycombs).

20. lando

lando New Member

Ok I hate to ask this because it's probably already been answered and I'm just not seeing it, but I have a couple questions about the "Japan Denim Regular Fit Straight Jeans" here http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.ht...60702-000-68/:

Should I expect major inseam shrinkage? I normally wear a 32 length or so, so if they were Levi STF style I'd go with the 34 length, but they have 32 length available as well which I would obviously rather pick up if they aren't going to shrink too badly.

Also, can I get a confirmation that they'll stretch a fair amount and to pick up a size smaller than my usual? I normally wear a 32-33, with an actual waist of 34. In this case should I pick up a 32 or a 33?

Thanks again for any help you can provide!