• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another car poll: G37 vs. 335i

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
Another butthurt G35 owner.

aahhaahaha ok there internet person, you have no idea what I drive. But I can tell you're just repeating things that every other BMW internet fanboy does. Listen dickhead, BMW's are definitely not as awesome as you think they are because of one important reason: They make whoever's driving inside look like a prick. And you're a prime example.

I'd say the Infiniti represents a better value right now.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Infinity's exhausts are pretty douchey. The douche factor is a toss-up.

epb

Reaction score
Your analogy is the epitome of stupidity...? That appeals to people more knowledgeable, evidently more knowledgeable than you... Way to write a post full of bullshit without providing any examples of your so-called road less taken.

I am not a BMW fanboy.

Thank goodness - those guys hate it when someone disagrees with them.
biggrin.gif

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Infinity's exhausts are pretty douchey.

+1

The ***** exhaust sound is by far the worst thing about those cars, especially the ones with automatics which have the slurred-sounding upshifts. The engines are actually very decent. The 350Z's engine has basically one flat torque plateau from idle to redline, pulls hard, and is very drivable.

--Andre

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
Day-to-day, there's nothing in it - both cars will satisfy the driving requirements of anyone driving on US roads 99% of the time. More important is how you feel about them, how much you like looking at them, how comfortable you are with them.
Anyone who owns a car for the right (enthusiast) reasons will agree with what epb posted here. People who spout "performance facts" and post "interior shots" will never wrap their heads around the idea that whatever car you buy must appeal to you at any speed, in any environment, and badges be damned. Go test-drive the two. If the BMW appeals to you, by all means get it. If the Infiniti does, by all means buy that one. My bias against BMW's is purely personal and subjective; I respect the engineering and the quality that goes into them (I just don't believe most owners are as well-engineered or well put together, from personal experience in a city full of BMW owners.) But don't let that prevent you from trying and buying.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alias
Anyone who owns a car for the right (enthusiast) reasons will agree with what epb posted here. People who spout "performance facts" and post "interior shots" will never wrap their heads around the idea that whatever car you buy must appeal to you at any speed, in any environment, and badges be damned. Go test-drive the two. If the BMW appeals to you, by all means get it. If the Infiniti does, by all means buy that one. My bias against BMW's is purely personal and subjective; I respect the engineering and the quality that goes into them (I just don't believe most owners are as well-engineered or well put together, from personal experience in a city full of BMW owners.) But don't let that prevent you from trying and buying.
I have driven a G37S coupe for months. I owned a 3 coupe. The 3 coupe was better in every way. This thread was about G37 vs. 335i. I gave my opinion. Which is, the 3 is far superior to the G37. Due to the nature of my work I have driven close to every single car from MY 2007 onward that is available for purchase in the United States at less than 65K for at least a week at a time. To say it is a relief to get back into a 335 is an understatement. Some things are hugely successful and popular for a reason; simply because they are downright better than the rest. As for being a fanboy - I can't stand aspects of BMW "value engineering" and most of their lineup. I wouldn't be caught dead in a 7 series, or an X3, in a 6 series, in a 5 except the 550i sport, and especially not in an X6. Drive around the twistier roads of California for 2 weeks in a Mercedes C class (stab me in the eye -- you can't even hear the engine) or a Lexus IS (hold on while we roll around turns), then hop into a 6spd 335i. Enough said. Man, I really am such a prick because I have strong opinions based on lengthy behind the wheel experience with both the cars involved. What was I thinking?

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
Thank goodness - those guys hate it when someone disagrees with them.
biggrin.gif

Do you actually have an intelligent counter argument? Didn't think so. Your analogy was hopelessly flawed and you have yet to provide any examples.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I really am such a prick because I have strong opinions based on lengthy behind the wheel experience with both the cars involved. What was I thinking?

No, you're a prick because you didn't bother to include all of this IN YOUR FIRST REPLY TO THIS POST. What were you thinking, indeed?

Edit: To clarify, look at your first post in this thread. Nobody knows or cares who the hell you are or what you do for a living. With that in mind you come off as a rabid BMW apologist, immediately decrying the Infiniti as "vomit" and asserting that it is the Greatest Vehicle In The World. Which, unless you work for Car & Driver, is simply bullshit.

epb

Reaction score
Do you actually have an intelligent counter argument? Didn't think so. Your analogy was hopelessly flawed and you have yet to provide any examples.

What we've established - at least, to your satisfaction - is that you're much more intelligent than I am, and completely unbiased on this issue; I leave it in your able hands to come up with a cogent, succint counter-argument.
worship.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dburr
Second that. Who is this guy? Sheesh. I've owned 3 seven series BMW's. I'll not own another.

lol, it took you 3 to come to that conclusion? You are a very forgiving car buyer if you give a car a chance not once, not twice, but three times..

Originally Posted by Alias
aahhaahaha ok there internet person, you have no idea what I drive. But I can tell you're just repeating things that every other BMW internet fanboy does. Listen dickhead, BMW's are definitely not as awesome as you think they are because of one important reason: They make whoever's driving inside look like a prick. And you're a prime example.

plain.gif

GM needs to reverse engineer this feature and redesign their fleet to make the drivers look like they have 12 inch penises.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have driven a G37S coupe for months.

I owned a 3 coupe.

The 3 coupe was better in every way.

This thread was about G37 vs. 335i.

I gave my opinion. Which is, the 3 is far superior to the G37.

Due to the nature of my work I have driven close to every single car from MY 2007 onward that is available for purchase in the United States at less than 65K for at least a week at a time. To say it is a relief to get back into a 335 is an understatement. Some things are hugely successful and popular for a reason; simply because they are downright better than the rest.

As for being a fanboy - I can't stand aspects of BMW "value engineering" and most of their lineup. I wouldn't be caught dead in a 7 series, or an X3, in a 6 series, in a 5 except the 550i sport, and especially not in an X6.

Drive around the twistier roads of California for 2 weeks in a Mercedes C class (stab me in the eye -- you can't even hear the engine) or a Lexus IS (hold on while we roll around turns), then hop into a 6spd 335i. Enough said.

Man, I really am such a prick because I have strong opinions based on lengthy behind the wheel experience with both the cars involved. What was I thinking?

Consider: It's not what you say, but how you say it.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
plain.gif

GM needs to reverse engineer this feature and redesign their fleet to make the drivers look like they have 12 inch penises.

I think they tried that with the Escalade and the Hummer. That had the opposite effect, didn't it? We'll see how the Camaro does in this regard.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Putting the proverbial "most bang for your buck" aside, the G37 exhaust sound and interior design are full-on, no holds-barred douche.

You would have to be downright commited to the overall aesthetic or simply didn't have the budget for a 335 to pick a G37.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads