• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another car poll: G37 vs. 335i

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
It's more fun to debate cars than my internet persona.

Oh yeah, this has been a party for the rest of us as well.
smile.gif

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My biggest issue with BMW the terrible dealership experience. It doesn't seem that my local dealer wants to sell me a car.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
My biggest issue with BMW the terrible dealership experience. It doesn't seem that my local dealer wants to sell me a car.
The dealership experience is what led me to switch from BMW to another brand.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay

Et tu JayJay? I thought I was the only one who had difficulty at BMW dealerships. My friends rave about their cars, but the dealership . . .
ffffuuuu.gif

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was there a specific incident that took place? Username79 talked about the performance difference between the Infiniti and BMW, but he never really made any statements regarding service.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
Was there a specific incident that took place? Username79 talked about the performance difference between the Infiniti and BMW, but he never really made any statements regarding service.
I have a few comments. As for sales, I had positive experiences at BMW dealerships. However, unlike at other dealerships, the BMW SAs seem to be trained to apply no pressure. I had to tell the SA that I was working with "hey, I want to buy this car" to get him to sit down and work figures. If my next car is a BMW I will like work through one of the BMW-forum recommended dealers and do European Delivery. As for service, I have very limited experience. My 3 coupe was in for an oil change/inspection twice and had a trim issue once. No other service required during my ownership of the car. No mechanical issues. I was in three times and all three times were nondescript. I walked in, they took my key, brought around a loaner, and I left. I returned, got my car, and drove away. They have been the most reliable cars I have ever owned (I owned three Acuras previously -- and all three had more issues). Granted, my coworker that bought a 335i coupe on my recommendation had his HPFP fail with me in the passenger seat at 7K miles. At least we were in a parking lot unlike some of the other horror stories I have heard.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
The financial benefit is that I can afford $400-500/month payments and not $800-1000/month payments. And like I said, the downpayment is a gift.

Your parents are throwing away roughly $15k for a downpayment on a lease?

Interesting...

Modena

Reaction score
I'd go for the 335i for sure... Tons of untapped potential with that motor!

epb

Reaction score

I'm lucky that Chicago has several BMW dealers, and at least a few seem to be pretty good. I've gotten decent service from my current dealer, Perillo, now that I've cleared up the whole "don't EVER wash my car" issue. They rarely know what they're talking about beyond the most basic issues, but that seems to be every type of car dealer.

My buddy with the G37 uses Fields Infiniti/BMW and he's been so thrilled with them I'd almost change, but Perillos is convenient.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
now that I've cleared up the whole "don't EVER wash my car" issue. They rarely know what they're talking about beyond the most basic issues, but that seems to be every type of car dealer.
Oh yeah, there was that. I am very particular about car care and keep my car garaged. Hell, I don't get to drive it much so not much chance for it to get damaged. I don't think it had so much as a scratch on it. I took it in for a oil change and it came back washed with about 500 swirl marks and long hairline scratches up the doors. Took several hours of polishing to get it back to normal. Dealership got '1's on that day.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh yeah, there was that. I am very particular about car care and keep my car garaged. Hell, I don't get to drive it much so not much chance for it to get damaged. I don't think it had so much as a scratch on it. I took it in for a oil change and it came back washed with about 500 swirl marks and long hairline scratches up the doors. Took several hours of polishing to get it back to normal. Dealership got '1's on that day.
I no longer allow the MB dealership to wash my car. Not because of how they wash it, but because of the sticky **** they put on the tires.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I no longer allow the MB dealership to wash my car. Not because of how they wash it, but because of the sticky **** they put on the tires.

Usually they forget (or don't care to) wipe it off, so when you pull away it splatters all over the rear of the car.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
I had service issues mainly but also a negative sales experience. As for service, the car was rarely ready when promised and often not adequately repaired resulting in subsequent visits and additional delays. Although I saw great improvement due to a new service manager during the last year or so of ownership of the car, the damage had been done. I switched brands.

A year or two later I decided to consider BMW again because of great service I'd been receiving with my Infiniti, which is owned by the same folks who own BMW. However, this time the BMW salesperson was less than enthusiastic about my interests, so I looked elsewhere. I still like BMW's and may purchase them again, but for now I'm content with my current brands.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Usually they forget (or don't care to) wipe it off, so when you pull away it splatters all over the rear of the car.
Exactly! Also, I don't like for my tires to be shiny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads