• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chicago Sales Alert !!!

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know you have a Paul Stuart in Chi-town.
Pls advise next time they do markdowns.

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
I know you have a Paul Stuart in Chi-town.
Pls advise next time they do markdowns.

They had some good markdowns about a month ago. So, it might be a while . . .

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I've heard, Neiman Marcus has their "Last Call" sale going on. Anyone checked it out?

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped by the Barneys and Neiman (their "last call" sale). Overall, there wasn't that much on sale and the sales weren't that good. Although Barneys did have a bunch of Brioni ties 50% off. I'm spoiled though -- it takes 70% off to tempt me.

The Transporter

Reaction score
Syd Jerome is having a sale with suits at 30% and 50% off. Saw some nice ones the other day when I was in there.

And not much of a sale but better than nothing - Altman's on Monroe has 20% off their shoes (AE, etc.) Sucks they don't carry Alden anymore.

Petyot

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in Chicago for a few days. I went to Nordstrom rack and Filenes today but I found nothing very interesting...

I am staying at the Hilton on South Michigan avenue. I don't have a car and would like to find new stores at a walking distance from my hotel.

Any recommendations ? Is the Brooks Brother store on Lasalle Street worth the trip ?

Or Should I take a cab and go on North Michigan Avenue ?

Thanks

Pierre

Francisco D'Anconia

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Petyot
Hi,

I am in Chicago for a few days. I went to Nordstrom rack and Filenes today but I found nothing very interesting...

I am staying at the Hilton on South Michigan avenue. I don't have a car and would like to find new stores at a walking distance from my hotel.

Any recommendations ? Is the Brooks Brother store on Lasalle Street worth the trip ?

Thanks

Pierre

Take the cab up to North Michigan Avenue. You'll probably find something worth the fare.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Morris and Sons is on the south side. Usually something worthwhile can be found there.

Polk & Jefferson I believe, 2nd floor.

Originally Posted by Petyot
Hi,

Thanks

Pierre

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I've heard Morris & Sons has a big sale after Christmas. Anyone know if they have any good sales over the summer/fall?

Reaction score
I want to revive this thread because I don't have time to hit the stores as regularly as I would like to and I still want to know about the sales in Chicago. I know that some items are on 40% off at Barney's Men, but most are not. Dior is 40% off, but Prada is not. I don't think Lanvin is on sale either. I haven't had a chance to check out other locales.

Is Jil Sander on sale yet? What about George Greene? Or Gucci?

Please update as you find out information. Thanks!

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gotham Historian
I want to revive this thread because I don't have time to hit the stores as regularly as I would like to and I still want to know about the sales in Chicago. I know that some items are on 40% off at Barney's Men, but most are not. Dior is 40% off, but Prada is not. I don't think Lanvin is on sale either. I haven't had a chance to check out other locales.

Is Jil Sander on sale yet? What about George Greene? Or Gucci?

Please update as you find out information. Thanks!

Gucci? Marshalls (downtown Chicago) has some Gucci penny loafers for $259
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads