1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Chicago Sales Alert !!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by magogian12345, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Vigilant

Vigilant Senior member

No idea how I got this far in life without this kind of insight. Thank you!

2. Viral

Viral Senior member

I wasn't being sarcastic.........why ask the question here when you could ask the people who would know best?

Your screen name is ironic.....

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    2 people like this.
  3. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

In Vigilant's defense, sometimes sales people are snooty about this or pretend they don't know. Usually they will be candid about it if it's a Sales Associate you have bought a lot of stuff from. Also, Saks does mailers FYI. I know they were doing some 40 or 50% off in the AM on the 26th, but I am not sure when it will apply for good.

4. Vigilant

Vigilant Senior member

RL store on Michigan is having a great sale right now. Additional 30% off already marked down items throughout the entire store.. Picked up a pair of purple label gloves for $90, down from $195....

5. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

Lots of accessories (scarves, gloves, hats) and ties on sale at Neiman Marcus (Mich Ave). A lot of the ties were great, prices ranging from $50-$120 i I recall correctly. There were a lot of cool ties there, some in house brand, but Kiton and Brioni and the like as well.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  6. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

Saw several pairs of Bally Scribe at the Nordstrom Rack in the loop for $250. All the pairs I saw were black. One plain toe blucher in US 12.5D, a double monk strap in 13.5D IIRC, and a non-brogued wingtip in 13E. I didn't look thru smaller sizes.

7. StarterStyle

StarterStyle Senior member

I saw some very nice bally white/gray suede bucks for about that price at that nordstrom rack, as well as some non-cordovan ralph lauren shoes. They probably have some good stuff in every size.

8. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

Was at Nordstrom Rack on State St this weekend and saw a couple of decent pieces of outerwear. A simple, mid-blue Herno puffer in a EU 48, a Barbour Bedale or Beaufort in a US 38, and another classic Barbour that was tagged an L. There was also a pretty solid Jack Spade mac raincoat in a M that would be a nice basic, staple for someone. Shoes were kinda meh. Some pretty nice Ermenegildo Zegna pocket squares in linen, but not quite cheap enough imo @ about $39 a piece.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  9. Vigilant

Vigilant Senior member

where are the pocket squares located? I never see anything besides the usual cheap stuff.

10. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I'm not sure how far south on Michigan Ave. you are, but you may get more out of walking. If you walk over to south State St. there are quite a few stores. You may see something that you like. Then, you can walk back over to Michigan after you've crossed the river. That's the way that I'd do it.

IMO, the BB on Lasalle is no better/worse than the one on Michigan. If you're a Brooks guy, then you'll like it.

11. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

...owned by truth.

12. Vigilant

Vigilant Senior member

Oh right...sorry for being conversational on an Internet forum...how silly!

13. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

The funniest part of this is that you are arguing about a post from 14 months ago. Anyways, the Rack seems to have gotten aggressive in liquidating clothes because I ended up with a nice pair of Nordstrom house brand grey flannel pants for $19.99, a pair of linea maestro slacks for one penny (I kid you not), and a Southwick made navy cashmere (Loro Piana) blazer for $159. They also had Samuelsohn sportcoats that ranged from $120 - $259.

14. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

The pocket squares at the State St store were in this clear plastic bowl that was attached to the wall of a column. The ones at the Michigan Ave are interspersed in the men's accessories area (sometimes on the tie tables, sometimes above socks). It's generally a lot of bad, in-house stuff though.