• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of nice gloves...?

carl_paris

Reaction score
If I had €1000 lying around with nothing to spend it on...

AH3-AUB10-AC-GA-BIG_BIG.jpg

Crocodile, by Aubercy.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by carl_paris
If I had €1000 lying around with nothing to spend it on...

AH3-AUB10-AC-GA-BIG_BIG.jpg

Crocodile, by Aubercy.

Nice. BB offered croc gloves last year in its Christmas catalog. IIRC, they were $2000.00.

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ But somehow quite intriguing, too...I would actually like to try them on... (that company -like much of the French style) isn't so much to my taste- too "airy" and manneristic with hints at a certain new fangledness and suspicions of noveau riche (very fitting to this age, of course), I prefer the British and Italians...love French literature, though. Also bought some for colder weather:
PA1410972.jpg

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mannix
Those are neat, and they hold a dual purpose for slapping some bitches up good.
fing02[1].gif

Speaking of slapping... What kind of glove is recommended for slapping whilst saying, 'I say, you have offended me this day and I demand satisfaction.' ?

Robes of Executiveness

Reaction score
Photo taken from a suitable wardrobe site, chamois chester jeffs. http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...ow-gloves.html

yellow+chamois.JPG

I will be ordering a hand traced pair soon, unlined since one can find any glove lining they need such as silk later. I want them to fit skin tight, as was depicted in a photo one posted of Winston Churchill wearing his on the street in his top hat.

Also remember seeing some gloves in the "Murder Rooms" series of Sherlock Holmes videos- white knight stratagem, one of the suspected was ambidextros, and had a penchant for chamois gloves.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Speaking of slapping...
What kind of glove is recommended for slapping whilst saying, 'I say, you have offended me this day and I demand satisfaction.' ?

For that I prefer something like this:

But I recommend going bespoke, as they don't really stretch a lot.

zr0e

Reaction score
anyone else?

pandamonium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Here's an action shot of my Chester Jeffries gloves (ordered last winter so they have a few months of Minnesota Winter wear). IIRC, they took about 4 weeks to receive.

091012scarf.jpg

(apologies if the pic doesn't show up right away, the imageshack server is slow on this one today)

Are those the Man About Towns? I was thinking of getting them but the image on the website makes the fingers look a little large and clunky. Yours seem nice; any more action shots?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pandamonium
Are those the Man About Towns? I was thinking of getting them but the image on the website makes the fingers look a little large and clunky. Yours seem nice; any more action shots?

If I recall- it was the tiffany model, which has a sleeker finger. As they are lined in fur- they're a little bulkier looking.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assumed the Tiffany was a ladies glove. Yours doesn't have the stitched points, and I know there's an option not to have those, but the Tiffany looks like a longer glove in general.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting that this thread came up just as I have 2 pairs of Chester Jeffries on the way - mine is a Kensington in dark brown with a hunter green silk lining, and hers is a Paris in mocha with a fur lining. And in my emails with Chester Jeffries they gave me the distinct impression that the Tiffany was a ladies model..?
confused.gif

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Interesting that this thread came up just as I have 2 pairs of Chester Jeffries on the way - mine is a Kensington in dark brown with a hunter green silk lining, and hers is a Paris in mocha with a

And in my emails with Chester Jeffries they gave me the distinct impression that the Tiffany was a ladies model..?
confused.gif

Does this mean the Paris is a ladies glove too?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by winston
I assumed the Tiffany was a ladies glove. Yours doesn't have the stitched points, and I know there's an option not to have those, but the Tiffany looks like a longer glove in general.

I wanted the slightly longer glove. I don't think the names really mean anything and on some there seems to be no real difference... but I do know these had the sleeker, less-blocky fingertips.

At any rate- not sure I recall the model, and yes, I prefer them without stitching.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics