1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Pictures of nice gloves...?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jerome, Oct 4, 2009.

1. carl_paris

carl_paris Senior Member

2. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

If I had €1000 lying around with nothing to spend it on...

[​IMG]

Crocodile, by Aubercy.

Nice. BB offered croc gloves last year in its Christmas catalog. IIRC, they were $2000.00.

3. Jerome

Jerome Distinguished Member

4. Jerome

Jerome Distinguished Member

^ But somehow quite intriguing, too...I would actually like to try them on... (that company -like much of the French style) isn't so much to my taste- too "airy" and manneristic with hints at a certain new fangledness and suspicions of noveau riche (very fitting to this age, of course), I prefer the British and Italians...love French literature, though. Also bought some for colder weather: [​IMG]

5. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Distinguished Member

Those are neat, and they hold a dual purpose for slapping some bitches up good. [​IMG]
    Speaking of slapping... What kind of glove is recommended for slapping whilst saying, 'I say, you have offended me this day and I demand satisfaction.' ?

6. Robes of Executiveness

Robes of Executiveness Well-Known Member

Photo taken from a suitable wardrobe site, chamois chester jeffs. http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...ow-gloves.html

[​IMG]

I will be ordering a hand traced pair soon, unlined since one can find any glove lining they need such as silk later. I want them to fit skin tight, as was depicted in a photo one posted of Winston Churchill wearing his on the street in his top hat.

Also remember seeing some gloves in the "Murder Rooms" series of Sherlock Holmes videos- white knight stratagem, one of the suspected was ambidextros, and had a penchant for chamois gloves.

7. Kaplan

Kaplan Distinguished Member

Speaking of slapping...
    What kind of glove is recommended for slapping whilst saying, 'I say, you have offended me this day and I demand satisfaction.' ?

For that I prefer something like this:

[​IMG]

But I recommend going bespoke, as they don't really stretch a lot.

8. zr0e

zr0e Senior Member

anyone else?

9. pandamonium

pandamonium Senior Member

Here's an action shot of my Chester Jeffries gloves (ordered last winter so they have a few months of Minnesota Winter wear). IIRC, they took about 4 weeks to receive.

[​IMG]

(apologies if the pic doesn't show up right away, the imageshack server is slow on this one today)

Are those the Man About Towns? I was thinking of getting them but the image on the website makes the fingers look a little large and clunky. Yours seem nice; any more action shots?

10. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Distinguished Member

Are those the Man About Towns? I was thinking of getting them but the image on the website makes the fingers look a little large and clunky. Yours seem nice; any more action shots?

If I recall- it was the tiffany model, which has a sleeker finger. As they are lined in fur- they're a little bulkier looking.

11. winston

winston Distinguished Member

I assumed the Tiffany was a ladies glove. Yours doesn't have the stitched points, and I know there's an option not to have those, but the Tiffany looks like a longer glove in general.

12. apropos

apropos Distinguished Member

Interesting that this thread came up just as I have 2 pairs of Chester Jeffries on the way - mine is a Kensington in dark brown with a hunter green silk lining, and hers is a Paris in mocha with a fur lining. And in my emails with Chester Jeffries they gave me the distinct impression that the Tiffany was a ladies model..? [​IMG]

13. winston

winston Distinguished Member

Interesting that this thread came up just as I have 2 pairs of Chester Jeffries on the way - mine is a Kensington in dark brown with a hunter green silk lining, and hers is a Paris in mocha with a

And in my emails with Chester Jeffries they gave me the distinct impression that the Tiffany was a ladies model..? [​IMG]

Does this mean the Paris is a ladies glove too?

14. pabloj

pabloj Distinguished Member

[​IMG]
    Just got into a very cold car

[​IMG]

15. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Distinguished Member

I assumed the Tiffany was a ladies glove. Yours doesn't have the stitched points, and I know there's an option not to have those, but the Tiffany looks like a longer glove in general.

I wanted the slightly longer glove. I don't think the names really mean anything and on some there seems to be no real difference... but I do know these had the sleeker, less-blocky fingertips.

At any rate- not sure I recall the model, and yes, I prefer them without stitching.