• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

nycfan

Reaction score
I'm a newbie here. Can anyone comment on the sizing/length of the university coat? I'm 6'0.5'', 175, medium built, are they cut slim? Should I get medium tall or large tall? or regular medium/large?

I don't shop at jcrew a whole lot, but i really like this jacket and the discount is only available on the site. Thanks so much!

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bye4now122
Wow that is ******* ridiculous IMO. I'm very disappointed, considering sending a lengthy email asking for an explanation.

Some retailers don't want certain items falling into sales. It's not the first time jcew has done it, and they don't do it only with collabs. Other retailers do it. What's the big deal?

Originally Posted by mmm
Ive havent been hit a couple of times with orders from 150-250 from j.crew. I figure its about 50/50 on my orders regardless of the price but I think its generally worth a shot. UPS rapes canadians.

You don't say. Listen to this: I just finished getting charged (for a RRL shirt off ebay) $48 for a $48value (a 100% customs charge).

Originally Posted by SLAB
I don't get why they ship to Japan and Canada but not to Europe...

Canada has no Jcrew and they are physically right there. Japanese are a guaranteed market and will buy anything. Europe is neither close, nor a guaranteed market.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
Some retailers don't want certain items falling into sales. It's not the first time jcew has done it, and they don't do it only with collabs. Other retailers do it. What's the big deal?
It's ******? Pretty simple reasoning, here.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
I saw it in Black last week at the Paramus, NJ store. Looked great in that color.

I've been to 2 Jcrew retail shops and haven't seen this black.. I'd love this jacket in black..

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I guess I'm being edgy and fashion-forward, ha ha!

Henley OVER a shirt? Really? I don't know, Robert, sounds more like fashion-backward. Pics or I'm not believing this.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that sucks.
After the tax and shipping...I really just end up saving like 8 bucks rofl.

I bought the Cotton rib sweater-jacket, and a merino cardigan. It's getting a little cool down here.

Originally Posted by jarude
I'm just about to pull the trigger on a university coat. Just. The massive tax and shipping sucks; I hate ordering stuff over international boundaries
frown.gif

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just emailed customer service re: Fatigue jacket in faded black. I haven't seen it in any store or online.

I also went to the local shop during lunch today and hooked up the red & black buffalo check sherpa lined shirt jacket....really hot!

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Henley OVER a shirt? Really? I don't know, Robert, sounds more like fashion-backward. Pics or I'm not believing this.
I'll see what I can do. It looks best, imo, with the plain (unwaffled) henley (at least that's the only way I've done it). You just put it on like a sweater. Sort of the same effect as a half-zip sweater but with buttons instead. You wear a henley over a tee, don't you? Why not over a collared shirt?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Have not seen the fatigue in black in the store. There's a field jacket in black, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads