• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 Lexus LF-A

Farhan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hitsu
front / side reminds me of the Skyline a bit.. rear reminds me of how ugly cars are getting.

Actually, the front/side profiles are awesomely reminiscent of the MKIV Supra. See here:

This vehicle marks a new chapter for Toyota. Nobody believed Toyota could successfully launch a luxury brand to compete with the likes of Mercedes, BMW, etc. I don't see how anyone can argue Lexus hasn't been extremely successful in that endeavor.

With this vehicle, Toyota enters terrain previously reserved for the established exotic car makers: Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini. Speculation has it the LF-A will compete with the Enzo, CGT, LPs in performance terms. ~$250k for a vehicle of that caliber and limited to only 500 models will seem like a bargain decades from now.

Given Toyota's history, I do not doubt this vehicle will be everything its hyped to be.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by svelten
If it manages to stay out of repair shops it will have accomplished its mission

Yeah, Lexus is so unreliable.
plain.gif

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dog in wolf's clothing.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Farhan
Actually, the front/side profiles are awesomely reminiscent of the MKIV Supra. See here:

This vehicle marks a new chapter for Toyota. Nobody believed Toyota could successfully launch a luxury brand to compete with the likes of Mercedes, BMW, etc. I don't see how anyone can argue Lexus hasn't been extremely successful in that endeavor.

With this vehicle, Toyota enters terrain previously reserved for the established exotic car makers: Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini. Speculation has it the LF-A will compete with the Enzo, CGT, LPs in performance terms. ~$250k for a vehicle of that caliber and limited to only 500 models will seem like a bargain decades from now.

Given Toyota's history, I do not doubt this vehicle will be everything its hyped to be.

Whatever you're smoking on, can you send a few ounces my way?

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Whatever you're smoking on, can you send a few ounces my way?
Wouldn't it be better to actually see how the car performs, before being bashed?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
Wouldn't it be better to actually see how the car performs, before being bashed?

Normally, I'd agree with you. But, Lexus is not exactly known for making a decent sports cars. All those other cars that he compared the LF-A with, they're all purebreds. You just can't gain decades of experience overnight.

Do you seriously thing this $250k street-version LF-A will pose any significant competition to the Enzo or the Murcielago? Puhlease.

Nomad_K

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Normally, I'd agree with you. But, Lexus is not exactly known for making a decent sports cars. All those other cars that he compared the LF-A with, they're all purebreds. You just can't gain decades of experience overnight.

Do you seriously thing this $250k street-version LF-A will pose any significant competition to the Enzo or the Murcielago? Puhlease.

I have not followed the car 'scene' much for the last few months, so if I may pose the following question to someone who has followed the LF-A a bit more...

What is the aim of the LF-A? Track numbers (GT-R, ZR-1, etc), rolling work of art (Murci, 575, etc) or something in between (a la the R8 perhaps)?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
800px-Lexus_LF-A_Gazoo_Racing_Goodwood_Festival_of_Speed.jpg

Actually, I don't think it's that bad looking without all the masking and camouflage taken off it.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lexus may not be known for making sports cars but they are taking it more seriously now. Take a look at the IS-F, sure it beat the M3 or C63 or even the RS4 but it is right there neck to neck against those vehicles and in some tests, the IS-F actually made better numbers on the track than those competitors.

Even though it is only available in an 8-speed automatic, the for the price and what you get, it is easily one of the best options out there for it's price range. An M3 with the same options as a stock IS-F is probably $8k-$10k more.

Believe me, Toyota/Lexus are making strives in the sports car department again. They are developing a brand new Supra and the new Toyota x Subaru RWD coupe that will compete with the Genesis coupe might come out in a year or two. Toyota stepped away from the sports car contention for a while but they do have history and experience and the Supra is still one of the most iconic and favorite amongst sports car enthusiast out there.

The LF-A is their entry back to this field and they are making a big impact, I already heard they are doing great times at Nurburghing (sp?) so only time will tell. Give them a couple of years and even if they do not dominate the track or the streets, I am pretty sure they will be right there neck to neck with it's competitors.

bkk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Lexus may not be known for making sports cars but they are taking it more seriously now. Take a look at the IS-F, sure it beat the M3 or C63 or even the RS4 but it is right there neck to neck against those vehicles and in some tests, the IS-F actually made better numbers on the track than those competitors.

Even though it is only available in an 8-speed automatic, the for the price and what you get, it is easily one of the best options out there for it's price range. An M3 with the same options as a stock IS-F is probably $8k-$10k more.

Believe me, Toyota/Lexus are making strives in the sports car department again. They are developing a brand new Supra and the new Toyota x Subaru RWD coupe that will compete with the Genesis coupe might come out in a year or two. Toyota stepped away from the sports car contention for a while but they do have history and experience and the Supra is still one of the most iconic and favorite amongst sports car enthusiast out there.

The LF-A is their entry back to this field and they are making a big impact, I already heard they are doing great times at Nurburghing (sp?) so only time will tell. Give them a couple of years and even if they do not dominate the track or the streets, I am pretty sure they will be right there neck to neck with it's competitors.

I don't remember the IS-F beating the M3 in any performance testing. Japanese cars are meant for driver comfort, not for all out performance. Granted, I think the IS line is claustrophobic, but Lexus has less jolting and jostling compared to the German counterparts.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkk
I don't remember the IS-F beating the M3 in any performance testing. Japanese cars are meant for driver comfort, not for all out performance. Granted, I think the IS line is claustrophobic, but Lexus has less jolting and jostling compared to the German counterparts.

I remember one test beating the M3 in a 0-60. The IS-F does have a higher HP and about a 75lbs torque advantage and of course it depends on the driver/tester but I still remember that win by the ISF. M3's weight still triumphs in the end though, something Lexus and Benz has to put into consideration.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I remember one test beating the M3 in a 0-60. The IS-F does have a higher HP and about a 75lbs torque advantage and of course it depends on the driver/tester but I still remember that win by the ISF. M3's weight still triumphs in the end though, something Lexus and Benz has to put into consideration.

That does not sound right. Here's a review from Edmunds where even the 335 racked up better performance: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=123125

It's a nice car, but I would have to say performance is mainly inferior to the M3, albeit, not by much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics