2010 Lexus LF-A

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by RFX45, Sep 30, 2009.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

From what I've read, HP actually equals to 600+ HP and retails will most likely be in the $170,000 range. It is also expected to beat GT-R's lap time so time will tell.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. micbain

micbain Senior member

Is it wearing some disguise body kit? I hope that's not the final mock up...

3. N.N.O.P

N.N.O.P Well-Known Member

a wolf in wolfs clothing!

4. suited

suited Senior member

I personally don't think Lexus has the clout to pull of a car in that price range, regardless of how fast it might be. Most people don't care how fast the car is when they're spending 170k, they want the prestige.

5. DNW

DNW Senior member

So, you're gonna have to spend 2x the money to maybe beat the GT-R? Who are they trying to scam?

6. The_Jar

The_Jar Senior member

Interesting, at that price I'd have to see some lap times against some of the other big guns in order to truly create my opinion. As far as looks go, meh. tri exhaust doesn't do anything for me, but I said that with the 458 and now I love the car. Would still take a nice GT2 for that price though

7. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Senior member

I personally don't think Lexus has the clout to pull of a car in that price range, regardless of how fast it might be. Most people don't care how fast the car is when they're spending 170k, they want the prestige.
    Lexus is considered an upmarket cache, so it shouldn't be so difficult to sell on name. However, Darknworm made the best statement, when he referenced the fact that you're paying twice as much to edge out the GT-R.

8. intent

intent Senior member

This thing looks outdated already.

9. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Who wants a Lexus supercar? They can't even make a decent sport car...

10. emmanuel

emmanuel Senior member

You guys realize that is disguise right? That is not what the car will look like. What are those air scoops directing air to? Certainly not the engine located in the front.

11. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

We have a regional Lexus office here and two guys I know there say Lexus corporate is going to do this. My local dealer has significant deposits on the two cars they are allotted.

I'm not sure this is the final design, at least I hope not as it's a bit busy.

12. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

You guys realize that is disguise right? That is not what the car will look like. What are those air scoops directing air to? Certainly not the engine located in the front.
    They've already been racing these cars... they had one of the racers on display at Pebble Beach. [​IMG] [​IMG] From the prototype I saw at the LA Auto Show a few years ago, the scoops lead to those grills on the back, and inside those grills are two giant fans which are used to cool rear mounted radiators.

13. svelten

svelten Senior member

If it manages to stay out of repair shops it will have accomplished its mission

14. hitsu

hitsu Member

front / side reminds me of the Skyline a bit.. rear reminds me of how ugly cars are getting.

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

It is also expected to beat GT-R's lap time so time will tell.
    Is it expected to beat the Corvette C6 ZR1? [​IMG]