• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kalanigee
Do you have them? Do you have pics of them broken in? Or did you just recently pre-order?

I'd most definitely love to see pics of the Jumper boot from folks who got em and have been wearing them.

yeah I have them, I've only worn them on one occasion because I think they look a lot dressier than what I usually wear. I expect them to age beautifully though since they're made in shell cordovan #8. I'll try to get some pictures up this weekend wearing them.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tmadd posted them on SuFu:

LSJumpboots.jpg

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
Be aware they don't look quite like that in real life. Check this thread out:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ht=alden+orvis

I had a pair and didn't care for how they came. Put some Obenauf's on them and liked the look much better. Ended up having some quality issues with the boots so I no longer have them but the stock look is quite different from their website in my experience.

quality issues?
eh.gif

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sole started to separate from the welt a little all around the toe. In retrospect it probably wasn't enough to return them but at the time I thought it was a bigger deal then it really is as I was pretty new to nice shoes. I often wish I still had them.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fashunhor
HA! Right on. These are boots guys. They are designed to be beaten up. But I am really surprised at the wear on those in 30 days though. Especially the wear on the heel. If the Alden crepe sole wears out that fast then I don't think it is that much more durable than clarks or any other. Leather or commando for the long term.
I do not see too much wear. I have a pair of crepe souls so I will find out.

fashunhor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
I do not see too much wear. I have a pair of crepe souls so I will find out.

If you look at the outer side of the heels you can see how they have worn down. I have similar wear on all of my shoes so I always look right there. 30 days is pretty quick to get that kind of wear but Context restocked and I think I need to pick them up and see for myself.
laugh.gif

jolla

Reaction score
Just came back from Alden San Francisco and snapped this quick pic of my year old Cigar Shell chukka between a brand new Cigar and a brand new Whiskey. I absolutely love the color that my chukkas have reached.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
I hear the 403, 404, and new 405 will retail for about $395.

Tom what do the numbers signify?

Make me the sand suede long wing with crepe sole again.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Tom what do the numbers signify?

Make me the sand suede long wing with crepe sole again.

The 403 is the Cromexcel version (basically the J.Crew Indy), the 404 is the Kudu Indy w/lug sole, and the 405 is the regular Indy (to be made w/leather lining going forward).

I'll probably do the tan suede longwing again but with double leather sole like previously. We do have one pair left in 11D hiding on the hold rack in case someone wants it, it's up for grabs.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
The 403 is the Cromexcel version (basically the J.Crew Indy), the 404 is the Kudu Indy w/lug sole, and the 405 is the regular Indy (to be made w/leather lining going forward).

I'll probably do the tan suede longwing again but with double leather sole like previously. We do have one pair left in 11D hiding on the hold rack in case someone wants it, it's up for grabs.

Gotcha thanks Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads