1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

The Blackbird x Alden wingtips make me wish I could pull off the Americana look:

[​IMG]

EDIT: Speaking of which, anyone interested in a lightly used pair of 966's in 9.5D?

Barrie Last?

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Barrie last
    Yes

3. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

I don't know if you need to pull off an Americana look to wear these. They're pretty good for any look, or just generally looking good. ^ Suede long wings only exist in dreams... Just got these in the mail http://www.inventorymagazine.com/updates/?p=10211

4. jet

jet Senior member

suede lws exist several pages back and for quite some time

5. spudnik99

spudnik99 Senior member

Leather Soul Hawaii has done some Ltd Editions in Suede a couple of times I believe.

6. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

Hey if anyone is interested I am selling my pair of near-new Alden AF-89s in a size 11D, which are black boots on the leydon last with a commando sole, link is in my signature.

7. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

8. MS007

MS007 Senior member

Calling all Alden experts, Does Alden produce different quality (especially regarding the type of leather) shoes for different markets? (no offence!) And does the coulor of the shoe size/width model mark inside tells you anything? Its normally black, but I have seen white imprints aswell... limited pictural reference: scroll down, its on the right hand side. thanks a lot!

9. scb

scb Senior member

It pains me to see these babies hurt, as if some ruthless bully just punched my favorite son in the face and gave him a black eye + a permanent scar.

oh, I mean it ripped the leather in my car. the indys are fine...

10. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Alden for Winn Perry round 2
    [​IMG]

Just stopped in and looked these. Pics don't really do the reversed-out chamois justice. really rich, oiled suede-like texture w/ the plantation crepe soul w/ leather toe piece. A unique look, IMO. I love that soul, which is part of why I love the AldenxContext Roy model.

i don't love the toe shape on these as much, but I tend to prefer the slightly more rounded toe that the PTB and the Roy share.

11. SerialComma

SerialComma Senior member

I just picked up my first pair of Aldens, the Indy 405 in black calf. I love them! What would you guys recommend using on them? I had originally planned to go with the brown, on which I would have used Obenauf's, per so many thumbs up on these boards. Would the Obenauf's be a good bet for the black as well?

12. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

I know they have existed in the past, but if somebody can show me where they are available right now it would be much appreciated. I missed them at Leather Soul and haven't seen or heard of any since.

13. arrow

arrow Senior member

Man, I've been reading this thread too much. Just ordered the Ravello shell wingtip boots from Shoemart. Can't wait.

[​IMG]

100lb of Collie goodness! Have you gotten these yet? Be honored if you can post fit pics...

14. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

i don't love the toe shape on these as much, but I tend to prefer the slightly more rounded toe that the PTB and the Roy share.

the Winn Perry boots should have the exact same toe box as the Roy boots being on the same last

15. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

^^Hmm. That may be so, but visually they appear different to me. But, might just be me...

16. kinetic

kinetic Senior member

I just got a pair the suede chukkas and the size is right on. There is a weird clicking sound right under my arch when I walk in them though. I played around and if I flex the heel and toe it happens, sounds and feels like it's inside the sole right in the middle of the shoe.

Is this something common with the flex sole? I'm considering exchanging if I can. Otherwise I love the shoe though.

17. srivats

srivats Senior member

I just got a pair the suede chukkas and the size is right on. There is a weird clicking sound right under my arch when I walk in them though. I played around and if I flex the heel and toe it happens, sounds and feels like it's inside the sole right in the middle of the shoe.

Is this something common with the flex sole? I'm considering exchanging if I can. Otherwise I love the shoe though.

Looks like the steel shank is loose ... exchange your shoes for a different pair.

18. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

I had the same problem with that model at the Alden store. I wanted those shoes badly and went to my local shop to try them on. I noticed the sound/feeling you described and they said that pair must be defective. they brought out another pair and the same thing happened. they ordered in a new pair from the factory and I went back down to find out that THAT pair did it too. the salesman tried on a pair in his size, and had no click. what we decided is that certain shaped feet don't work with that particular model. I wouldn't be surprised if you got a different pair and found the same problem. I think it's worth a shot, but it's possible that you and I are some of the unlucky ones that can't wear the unlined flex- welt chukka.

good luck!!!

I have 6 other pairs of aldens that I love by the way!

19. d.naj

d.naj New Member

I have a pair of ravello long wings and it's time to give them their first polish. Is there a recommended wax color to use? I have tan (for whiskey), brown (for cigar), and #8 (for..#8). Any help is appreciated.

20. mechanical pencil

mechanical pencil Senior member

Mine do this too! Kind of bugs me but I just roll with it.

I found getting a good fit with the Leydon last to be tricky. I don't know if I'd buy another
    pair on the Leydon....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.