• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chester Jeffries

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm surprised we don't have a dedicated Chester Jeffries thread. Maybe there are fewer customers of theirs here than I expected. http://www.chesterjefferies.co.uk/ I haven't ordered in nearly three years and need new gloves for this fall and winter. I was thinking of

The Snowden in tan or mahogany suede lambskin with lambswool interior
The-Snowden.jpg

and one of these with either a wool, cashmere/wool, or chamois lining for fall:

Paris in light brown Cape
Paris.jpg

Man About Town in light brown Cape
Man-about-town.jpg

The Kensington in dark tan or mink deerskin
The-Kensington.jpg

Any recommendations? Who here has used Chester Jeffries?

AgentQ

Reaction score
I did, last fall. I ordered the Man About Town in peccary. The process was fairly straightforward, and I was able to make good use of the gloves.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've gotten a few pairs from them over the years. They do a solid job making slightly rustic, well-fitting gloves. I would err on the tighter size of self-measurements as they will stretch a bit. Also, pay the nominal extra for the hand-stitching.

wilhelm

Reaction score
I got a pair from them last year. The Oxford, only in black, with wool lining:

The-Oxford.jpg

The buttoned design prevents snow from getting into the glove.

This year I'll be ordering an unlined pair in black, a wool lined pair in dark brown, and a pair of these:

The-Grasmoor.jpg

AgentQ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
What lining did you get? I've only ordered fur before (both for myself and for a few gifts).

Mine was unlined. I believe that is the only option for peccary, but when ordering peccary, I prefer unlined anyway.

milosh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Man About Town
Man-about-town.jpg

I have these in mocha brown cape with cashmere lining. I like them. They are my first "nice" gloves. There is a stitch or two that came a bit undone but I'm not going to bother sending them back because it doesn't bother me that much.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of gloves from them. They are nice and a great value. Also, the customer service is quite good. I wanted a pair in burgundy, and I didn't see that color available on the website. I e-mailed them my request and they told me that would not be a problem -- and they were right.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is the 'buffed hogskin' equivalent to peccary?

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a pair last summer -- the first of what I thought would be many. I did the whole self-measurement thing very carefully. I was looking forward to made-to-measure gloves. Off the rack gloves typically fit only my wrist/palm or my fingers, and rarely both.

They took payment and sent me a standard size. I was baffled, thinking I had ordered made-to-measure gloves. They did not fit so well. I wrote and asked what happened; did you take a made-to-measure order and fill it with a stock size? I asked. They said, yes, we just sent you a standard size. Return them if you want made to measure. I was pissed. I had the suspicion that they merely forgot to remove the standard size sticker from the gloves, and I figured they would just send back another pair in a standard size with no sticker on it. Something about their correspondence did not encourage trust on my part.

I kept the gloves, determined to cut my losses, and I did not order all the other gloves I was planning to get.

They were nice gloves. I soaked them in shoe stretching fluid and better molded them to my hand. I wore them for a month and lost them -- dropped on the ground, I guess -- as I got into a car in a blizzard.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps this is a beginner's question, but I am thinking of getting my first set of leather gloves this fall/winter. Does one match the glove color to the jacket color? Both my peacoat and overcoat are black, so should I look for a black glove to match - I am trying to picture how a brown glove would look with a black coat and the mental image is jarring......

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads