• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chester Jeffries

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have the people who did the small, medium, or large size gloves been happy with the fit?

I did bespoke, and they were ok, but I'm not sure if its worth it. I would love to hear how any gents like the regular sizing :)

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you can, always go bespoke. As it's not expensive with Chester Jefferies, why not?

I have a couple of reasons why not. It takes a little while to arrive and sometimes they don't fit well... Mine are a bit big on me.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mistakes happen from time to time in just about anything in life. That's no reason to not go bespoke IMO.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mistakes happen from time to time in just about anything in life. That's no reason to not go bespoke IMO.

You asked for a reason why not to. I'm giving you a reason why...

Last edited:

nothclif

Reaction score
Ordered a pair of the Morning Dress gloves couple weeks ago, anyone have experience on how long turn around usually takes for the bespoke sizing?

Website says 7-8 weeks, sent them my hand turkey and after they confirmed they got it my order has been in pending for the past week still with no charge.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ordered a pair of the Morning Dress gloves couple weeks ago, anyone have experience on how long turn around usually takes for the bespoke sizing?

Website says 7-8 weeks, sent them my hand turkey and after they confirmed they got it my order has been in pending for the past week still with no charge.

Pending means that it's being manufactured.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pending means that it's being manufactured.

itsthepaulice

Reaction score

Ordered mine Jan. 21 and they only just charged me after an email saying my gloves are shipped. No bespoke for me though so shorter wait time.

abc5

Reaction score
Adding my chester jeffries to the thread.... I think the Paris model. 9.5 Mens. i bought them before the winter and worn them through this season.

Yowzer

Reaction score
Any particular care recommendations for the CJ gloves? How does the leather wear with time?

woolymammoth

Reaction score
Cheltenham capybara brown cashmere-lined gloves.

abc5

Reaction score
Any particular care recommendations for the CJ gloves? How does the leather wear with time?

The wearability seems fantastic to me. it took about a week to form to my hands a bit, particularly the palms. I took some poor photos right after using the gloves even, come to look at it...

Care recommendations, I used the saphir renovautor (spl) shoe cream (lol) on them....

My model has the touch screen inner half option.

which comes in black only.

the outer hand half is a dark navy color actually.

As for standard sizing however, at 9.5, the finger tubs seem fine in length, even the thumb, but for me it seems like, and i was surprised, their palm sizing is too big, thus i feel as though i'm not able to as perfectly pull in the gloves as much as i want.

it makes for some bunching when i make a fist, certainly cannot tie shoe laces w/ them on...

Thus, the fit is not perfect but I cannot see another standard sizing that works, maybe a 9.

Incidentally, the right index finger, the touch ability seemed to go away!

I dont know how it's made, a spray?

nevertheless, after 2 months of first discovery, I emailed Chester last week, they said send it in!

Quite happy with that response, they send they want to make another one for me. Cool.

I asked if I can also get the fitting tweaked.. They said yes. Cool too!....

they are currently offering 10% off, even for custom jobs btw.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics