• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Johnny Sneakers

Reaction score
What's the stretch on a full-grain pair like beeswax? Should I buy the same size as I would of suede?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have several suede pairs that I've worn for months. Haven't noticed much stretch at all.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may have gotten a shoe too large. If I can fit a fingle in between the back and the heel,by moving my feet forward, is my shoe too big?

Are clarks boots supposed to hug your heel like a sneaker (chucks)?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The most important thing is how it feels in the toe box. When you're walking, should feel snug but not too tight.

Doctor

Reaction score
No, there is no substitute for the correct fit. The cotton balls will not work after a day of wearing.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
Ah. I have about half an inch of tie space, I might try stuffing it with cotton balls.

1/2 inch when you're standing, sitting? That's really not much. If it bothers you, try adding a gel insole, or wear thicker socks.

v3l

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bye4now122
WHAT? Man mine stretched a TON. If I wear anything less than thick wool socks they're pretty loose, when they were new they were tight with dress socks on.
That much? Mine were pretty tight at first, but they've stretched so they're comfortable. But that's about it.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Just curious because i never really paid attention to clarks discussion but how are the desert boots (suede and beeswax) in light snow/rain?

Also, it's crazy people are still debating about sizing these. If i'm a 10chucks, 44Opening ceremony, 10.5sockless sperrys, 285 german army, 10.5 apc x nike i can probably be safe getting a 10 in clarks right?

Also, what's a good price on clarks desert boots new and used these days? Thinking of picking up a pair or two for beaters.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^i wear a 42 in OC DBs, 8.5 in chucks, 9 in vans, 9 in sperrys, and i wear a 8.5 in clarks dbs

shoes.com always has a coupon out...right now they have 20% off and free shipping

w/ this code:
BML2009

gap just ended a 30% off coupon u couldve used at piperlime for some clarks

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
^^^my sizing is exactly the same as snuff.

as far as in light snow and in rain, clarks are pretty slippery in light snow. the traction of crepe soles isn't too great...but as for keeping your feet dry, they work pretty well. i haven't had problems with them in the rain, but the suede models do get those annoying drops when water falls on them. you can always just use suede protectant though, only 5 bucks more for your beaters chrono.

i would say good prices for new ones if you can find discount codes (for the various shoe websites) are around 50 bucks. used prices drop accordingly.

i was also wondering if anyone wears their suedes in the rain regularly without applying suede protection. just wondering if you do, if you could post pics cause im wondering how the suede turns out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads