• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
No, actually, I meant that going with that particular outfit will throw off the balance and stance of the boots. Try it. See if it doesn't.

Stitch77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by obiter dictum
After resisting for a long while, I've been smitten by the Clarks desert boot bug. Unfortunately due to my geographical location, I can't try them on in a store. Does anyone know how db sizing compares to dr. martens 1461 sizing? For reference: I'm between size 11 and 12 in docs.
Don't know if this will help much, but I recall trying on a pair of Docs that fit well (8 hole boot, nappa leather, I think the model was the 1460?) in size 9UK. For comparison, I'm a size 9UK in Clarks db's as well. I'm also a size 10US in Converse chucks too, if that helps?

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
No, actually, I meant that going with that particular outfit will throw off the balance and stance of the boots. Try it. See if it doesn't.

I couldn't even stand up, **** was insane.

Doctor

Reaction score
What do people think of these DB's?
pM1773c.jpg
They're available in my size (15) at 20% off (~$70). I might get them. They have a real crepe sole as well.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Looks like a DB trying to be respectable. Too much lacing, too much detail, too much like a shoe.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Guess I should have sized a 1/2 size down per recommendations. Hopefully Nordstrom has an 8.5 available in its anniversary sale model.

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Looks like a DB trying to be respectable. Too much lacing, too much detail, too much like a shoe.

Well... I just bought a pair. I'll have to remember to wear them in respectable situations
tongue.gif

I can't argue when they're in my size.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ The size 15 chukka *needs* more lacing than the size 8. They should scale such things

dmass1

Reaction score
Doctor,

I like those DBs better than the Clark's version. What are they and where can I buy them?

Doctor

Reaction score
They're Hush Puppies Corona's. I'm getting them from a big and tall shop - http://www.casualmale.com/store/en_U...3&id=cat340195 - they have size 10 upwards (though 10 and 11 only in wide width - 12 and onwards are regular or wide). They are available in other sizes, but mostly out of stock. I checked Shoebuy, Amazon. Maybe try google for other places. And yea... 4 lacing eyelets on a sz 15 ain't gonna keep your shoe on for long
lol8[1].gif
Edit: use code 'ATCR' at casual male for a 20% discount until July 26th.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
Well... I just bought a pair. I'll have to remember to wear them in respectable situations
tongue.gif

I can't argue when they're in my size.

Well, that's cool. I'm not saying they're bad looking or anything like that. They just look dressier (slightly) than what I'm used to in a DB.

DMcG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
And yea... 4 lacing eyelets on a sz 15 ain't gonna keep your shoe on for long
lol8[1].gif

Surprisingly I don't have any issues with slipping and Clarks Desert Boots and I wear a size 14. I do like the look of the those Hush Puppies. I recently had a co-worker ask if my Clarks were Hush Puppies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads