• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JOA
BTW, got a catalog from Orvis the other day and noticed these Alden boots. http://www.orvis.com/store/productch...id=6681&bhcp=1 Look good to me and hadn't seen anyone post them here.
It's funny they mention wearing those while running through the airport, because I did exactly that last year and it was AWFUL. Those things weigh like ten pounds each, thanks to those soles. I'm actually having them resoled with Vibram right now.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
The pull tabs on those aldens look hideous.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
when I get my barrie last chukkas resoled (will be after this winter) I'm gonna go with a commando sole

SLAB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by walneal
These look nice!

What a coincidence, Tassels Hong Kong also launched a pair of very similar Combat boots a month ago. But with speed eyelets and commando soles.
And in black calf.
IMG_2782.jpg

http://tasselshongkong.blogspot.com/...y-tassels.html

do you happen to know how much they cost?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
We need more pics of non cordo boots up in here.

I still need some crepe soles man nobody has the perfect ones. Robin/others please post more japanese exclusive alden pics please.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JOA
Boots look great, XChen. I'm still waiting to get a pair.

BTW, got a catalog from Orvis the other day and noticed these Alden boots.

http://www.orvis.com/store/productch...id=6681&bhcp=1

Look good to me and hadn't seen anyone post them here.

Those look similar to the Vintage Indy from Leather Soul. I would have pre-ordered the Vintage Indy but I had just pre-ordered the Ultimate Indy from them. All three boots are lovely though.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I posted this in Men's Clothing but I will post these here as well: Pebble Grain shoes. The black pair is Brooks Brothers Black Fleece which I believe is made by Alden. The Paprika pair is a pair I picked up from Tom ate Leather Soul and this is after I've worn them. I just wanted to show the bottoms after wear. I really love the crepe souls.
blackside.jpg
toprkc.jpg
front2iue.jpg
frontbottoms.jpg
fromtop.jpg
Two pairs of Alden Plain Toe Blucher's. One in Cigar Shell and one in Whiskey Shell. I picked both up from Alden DC. Each has been worn a little less than a dozen times.
cigarside.jpg
cigartop.jpg
shellbottoms.jpg
shellfront.jpg
shelltop.jpg
whiskeyside.jpg
whiskeysidetop.jpg
Alden Brown Scotch Grain Calfskin Wing Tip w/Crepe Sole, Grant Last from Leather Soul. http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...le-grant-last/ I was not familiar with the sizing on the Grant last and they are a tad narrow but I think they will stretch. I doubt I could have sized up. I love these shoes. As always Tom and Leather Soul were great and I look forward to doing business with them again.
brownscotchgraincalf1.jpg
brownscotchgraincalf2.jpg
brownscotchgraincalf3.jpg
brownscotchgraincalf.jpg
Alden Whiskey Cordovan from Alden DC.
whiskey1.jpg
whiskey2.jpg
whiskeyp.jpg
There is something about the Alden Brown Scotch Grain Calfskin Wing Tip w/Crepe Sole that I like best right now even though the fit is not spot on.

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of the Alden Unlined Suede Chukka well worn?
They look beautiful brand new and I'm thinking of getting a pair for fall to add some variety to my other leather and cordovan boots.

I've only seen them new but I'm wondering what they look like with a few (hundred) miles put onto them.

Thanks!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Love those scotch grain wingtips would be better in longwings.

erbs

Reaction score
What's the general consensus on Plaza last sizing compared to the Truebalance last? If I'm a 10E on the Truebalance, will I be a 10.5E on the Plaza?

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erbs
What's the general consensus on Plaza last sizing compared to the Truebalance last? If I'm a 10E on the Truebalance, will I be a 10.5E on the Plaza?

Probably.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
not whiskey but I am still very proud to call these mine:

Library-1613.jpg

Library-1614.jpg

Library-1618.jpg

Library-1619.jpg

Tom really hit the sweet spot with these, IMO the best Alden boot make up.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Beautiful, more pics tassels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads