• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Armani Collezioni vs. Emporio Armani

stylenewbie

Reaction score
What brand is better. I know the general idea is Collezioni is better but I've heard that Emporio has gotten much better with a lot of stuff made in italy. Plus Giorgio Armani doesn't have any input in the collezioni line anymore, just BL and Emporio. Thoughts?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Collezioni by far.

Canal Directo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IndianBoyz
A/X

facepalm.gif

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok I was kidding, thanks for the attention Acid.

Emporio Armani has a nice range of suits, I wouldn't buy them myself but their silhouette is very cool.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Emporio has dramatically increased quality and Italian production. All products are made by Armani factories in Milan or in Turkey (like 3 t-shirts per season are made there + underwear and some EA7 stuff)), no outside companies (including SimonT which is owned by GA in the first place). AC is crap, I do not know why people like it so much. Their $500 sweaters feel like sandpaper. I did pick up a nice hand made wool sweater at Saks that was like 90% off for like $144. Their cuts are conservative to appeal to Americans. EA is for people under the age of $40 with spending power. AC according to Armani himself, is for people 60 and over that no longer feel the need to chase fashion.

ranker

Reaction score
I think it really depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a classic fitting suits with 4"+ width ties, then AC would be better. However, if you'd like a more modern silhouette with a wide range of attire to choose from, Emporio would be better.

I'm a self admitted Armani fan (along with Varvatos make up my two favorite designers). I have at least two dozen pieces from each line Giorgio, Collezioni, and Emporio. In the end, I find myself wearing Emporio's line most often. Why? I feel stylish and modern when I wear Emporio; yet over-the-hill, 40+ year old whenever I put on AC or Giorgio.

Material wise, I see little different between the quality of the fabrics. However, AC's suiting line is more likely to be canvassed as opposed to Emporio's. Only the higher end ($1,800) Napoli line is canvassed. However, I've never been disappointed because Armani tends to cut its clothing so well that the rolls drape perfectly to begin with.

In the end, decide how you want to look:
Classic (Old people) -> Collezioni
Modern & Young (20-30 somethings) -> Emporio

SuitedNBooted

Reaction score
I would also add that EA suits tend to be very fashion-forward in both cut and fabric, often have a slight sheen, and are not suitable for e.g. legal/banking professions. AC suits can be worn at the workplace though, but note that they are mostly unvented.

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ranker
Classic (Old people) -> Collezioni
Modern & Young (20-30 somethings) -> Emporio

vader-fail.jpg

Collezioni is for confident smart buyers regardless of age. Collezioni stands the test of time.
Emporio is for 20-30 somethings who waste money chasing trends, and try to impress people that don't really care about them anyway.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mild Mannered
Collezioni is for confident smart buyers regardless of age. Collezioni stands the test of time.
Emporio is for 20-30 somethings who waste money chasing trends, and try to impress people that don't really care about them anyway.

Untrue. Saying that I am sure you never went to an EA store or have seen a runway show. EA menswear does not look at trends. EA womenswear does. EA has its own unique look, fit, fabrics etc. EA quality is now better than AC. AC is a diffusion line for GA, it is not meant to be higher standards than Emporio, according to Armani in HIS BOOK it was made for elderly clients, retiring for chasing trends. EA is its own line, independent from the GA and AC line. AJ is EA's diffusion line. AC is not even a full line, they make a few suits, pants, shirts and jackets. Not even belts or scarves or even gloves or ties.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly you cannot compare EA and AC because they are not related or competing lines with different groups purchasing them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics