• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Armani Collezioni vs. Emporio Armani

stylemaven

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
Untrue. Saying that I am sure you never went to an EA store or have seen a runway show. EA menswear does not look at trends. EA womenswear does. EA has its own unique look, fit, fabrics etc. EA quality is now better than AC. AC is a diffusion line for GA, it is not meant to be higher standards than Emporio, according to Armani in HIS BOOK it was made for elderly clients, retiring for chasing trends. EA is its own line, independent from the GA and AC line. AJ is EA's diffusion line. AC is not even a full line, they make a few suits, pants, shirts and jackets. Not even belts or scarves or even gloves or ties.

Some of us find that to be a good thing... The shirting fabrics used can be wonderful, although I do follow along with SF groupthink re quality of manufacture...

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see tons of AC in Filenes and discount stores, most of the stuff is defective, but I'm talking tons of suits, sweaters, pants, etc. Filene's has 4 round racks full of AC, only last season's stuff. I never see EA at those stores, maybe a shirt that has a stain once in a while.

spidercan

Reaction score
I hate the unvented jackets with rather wide lapels on the collezione line. I agree, emporio is better.

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
Untrue. Saying that I am sure you never went to an EA store or have seen a runway show. EA menswear does not look at trends. EA womenswear does. EA has its own unique look, fit, fabrics etc. EA quality is now better than AC. AC is a diffusion line for GA, it is not meant to be higher standards than Emporio, according to Armani in HIS BOOK it was made for elderly clients, retiring for chasing trends. EA is its own line, independent from the GA and AC line. AJ is EA's diffusion line. AC is not even a full line, they make a few suits, pants, shirts and jackets. Not even belts or scarves or even gloves or ties.

Store, yes. Runway show, no.

I'll agree with what you said about they should not be compared (AC -vs- EA).
I fell into the trap of this thread.. lol. ..to each his own. The only reason Armani renounced AC in his book was to push EA...I thought that was rather tactless of him. I am far from elderly and AC looks stunning on me, so I'm happy. I have 'Youth-inized' Collezioni then, and Armani should pay me for that.
wink.gif
...if it's really for the elderly I'll be happy to grow into it :p
It would have been better if he had supported all his labels equally. I have certainly seen EA but somehow it didn't grab me. Maybe it's the hype or maybe it just doesn't appeal to me, but that is my own preference.

ranker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mild Mannered
Store, yes. Runway show, no.

I'll agree with what you said about they should not be compared (AC -vs- EA).
I fell into the trap of this thread.. lol. ..to each his own. The only reason Armani renounced AC in his book was to push EA...I thought that was rather tactless of him. I am far from elderly and AC looks stunning on me, so I'm happy. I have 'Youth-inized' Collezioni then, and Armani should pay me for that.
wink.gif
...if it's really for the elderly I'll be happy to grow into it :p
It would have been better if he had supported all his labels equally. I have certainly seen EA but somehow it didn't grab me. Maybe it's the hype or maybe it just doesn't appeal to me, but that is my own preference.

I love it that people start making things up. The wonders of the internet.

AC was never intended to be a premiere line. You see tons of AC stuff on sale everywhere at every department store. I love Armani's lines. I attend both of his runway shows. I have no reason to hate on one line or another.

Cut/Design wise: EA > GA > AC
Material/Construction wise: GA > EA > AC

AC's only standout good trait is that its the cheapest and often found on sale racks everywhere.

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ranker
I love it that people start making things up. The wonders of the internet. AC was never intended to be a premiere line. You see tons of AC stuff on sale everywhere at every department store. I love Armani's lines. I attend both of his runway shows. I have no reason to hate on one line or another. Cut/Design wise: EA > GA > AC Material/Construction wise: GA > EA > AC AC's only standout good trait is that its the cheapest and often found on sale racks everywhere.
what qualifies you to say that? ...also, I never said AC was intended to be a premiere line, you did.

ranker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mild Mannered
what qualifies you to say that?
Someone who has an unhealthy love for Armani's clothing that borderlines upon obsession. I'm regularly flown in for Armani's fashion shows in NY. I may be a "style novice" according to the rules of this forum (I like to occasionally wear black suits and sometimes wear black shoes during daylight hours), but if there's one thing I'm well informed about is Armani and Varvatos. I don't claim to be a fashionista nor a style guru, but I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to either of those two designers of which I adore and purchase (and will probably be criticized for). I was just in NYC the past few days and had lunch with Armani's North American VP at Armani's 5th/Madison store/restaurant. If you're from southern California and would like to enjoy a lunch in South Coast Plaza with Armani's area director (who overseas both GA and EA), let me know. We can dine, enjoy each other's company and have the company's representative add his input. PaoloM gave the best description between the two lines.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone who has an unhealthy love for Armani's clothing that borderlines upon obsession. I'm regularly flown in for Armani's fashion shows in NY. I may be a "style novice" according to the rules of this forum (I like to occasionally wear black suits and sometimes wear black shoes during daylight hours), but if there's one thing I'm well informed about is Armani and Varvatos. I don't claim to be a fashionista nor a style guru, but I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to either of those two designers of which I adore and purchase (and will probably be criticized for).

I was just in NYC the past few days and had lunch with Armani's North American VP at Armani's 5th/Madison store/restaurant. If you're from southern California and would like to enjoy a lunch in South Coast Plaza with Armani's area director (who overseas both GA and EA), let me know. We can dine, enjoy each other's company and have the company's representative add his input.

PaoloM gave the best description between the two lines.

Thanks for your opinion. But those of us who prefer the AC will stick with ours.

suitsusid

Reaction score
Definately AC for me..the luxury shirts line are amazing very well made.

stylemaven

Reaction score
Someone who has an unhealthy love for Armani's clothing that borderlines upon obsession. I'm regularly flown in for Armani's fashion shows in NY. I may be a "style novice" according to the rules of this forum (I like to occasionally wear black suits and sometimes wear black shoes during daylight hours), but if there's one thing I'm well informed about is Armani and Varvatos. I don't claim to be a fashionista nor a style guru, but I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to either of those two designers of which I adore and purchase (and will probably be criticized for).

I was just in NYC the past few days and had lunch with Armani's North American VP at Armani's 5th/Madison store/restaurant. If you're from southern California and would like to enjoy a lunch in South Coast Plaza with Armani's area director (who overseas both GA and EA), let me know. We can dine, enjoy each other's company and have the company's representative add his input.

PaoloM gave the best description between the two lines.

I find all this very odd - when you say all sorts of department stores I think you are failing to mention that they include barneys, BG, selfridges, harrods, and harvey nicks, IE the top stores in the world. Beyond that the brand's standalone shops are located in posher 'more sophisticated' shopping districts when compared to EA...

ranker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylemaven
I find all this very odd - when you say all sorts of department stores I think you are failing to mention that they include barneys, BG, selfridges, harrods, and harvey nicks, IE the top stores in the world. Beyond that the brand's standalone shops are located in posher 'more sophisticated' shopping districts when compared to EA...

Interesting, GA/EA is combined and on 5th Ave on NYC. AC is way off in a forgotten corner of Madison and 60 something. EA and GA are both in South Coast Plaza, Orange County; but AC is no where to be seen. I find it peculiar that the two shopping Meccas within the United States don't follow your "rules".

stylemaven

Reaction score
Interesting, GA/EA is combined and on 5th Ave on NYC. AC is way off in a forgotten corner of Madison and 60 something. EA and GA are both in South Coast Plaza, Orange County; but AC is no where to be seen. I find it peculiar that the two shopping Meccas within the United States don't follow your "rules".

The AC 'on a forgotten corner' is actually on the more serious shopping street, near among others, Loro Piana, Jil Sander, etc... The EA on the other hand is next to mulberry and other midteir fashion brands trying to cash in on being near dior, YSL, and the flagship burberry shop...

Still - all this is sort of silly. You can clearly speak for yourself in saying that you are looking for a trendy variable style and are interested in EA.

I can say I am interested in more classic menswear and therefore am interested in AC. At the end of the day the serve different markets - Armani has always been a businessman first and a designer second so this expert stratification isn't really a surprise!

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylesmurf
I have two coats I bought many years ago that say Giorgio Armani Le Collezioni. Is that the same as the AC line (ie sold in Saks) that is being referred to here?

Le Collezioni is the older AC line.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads