Armani Collezioni vs. Emporio Armani

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stylenewbie, Aug 2, 2009.

1. M. Bardamu

M. Bardamu Senior member

I have two late-1990s-era Emporio Armani items, bought at the now-defunct EA boutique on Toronto's Bloor Street West: a lovely blue twill shirt with a Tonic-like effect (looks reddish-purple at certain angles) and a snap-down collar, and a pair of black (regrettably!) single-pleated pants in a midweight wool crepe that manages to be cool in humid hot summer weather and toasty on cooler days.

The shirt is from the CIT factory (I have been impressed with some of the Bagutta shirts as well from the same factory) while the pants are from Anitinea Spa. I don't wear either all that much anymore, but both are so well-made and timeless (i feel) that I'm loath to get rid of them.

2. brlfvr

brlfvr Senior member

C is carried at Bloomingdale's @ South Coast Plaza is it not?

3. Meursault-

Meursault- Senior member

Should it not be Le Collezione?

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Collezioni, for my money.

Collezioni by far.

I agree, Collezioni for mine.

[​IMG]

Collezioni is for confident smart buyers regardless of age. Collezioni stands the test of time.
    Emporio is for 20-30 somethings who waste money chasing trends, and try to impress people that don't really care about them anyway.

and whoever else.

statements made out of ignorance

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Emporio Armani is better fabrics, better constructed and better styles than Collezione is currently.

to the OP, dont do a public thread asking opinions you'll only get ignorance. just pm me.

6. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

Emporio Armani is better fabrics, better constructed and better styles than Collezione is currently. to the OP, dont do a public thread asking opinions you'll only get ignorance. just pm me.
    lol! never seen ea, but ac sucks pretty hard reminds me of hugo boss with a more prestigious name

7. KenRose

KenRose Senior member

Where was it that Armani renounced AC? What was the book called?

Store, yes. Runway show, no.

I'll agree with what you said about they should not be compared (AC -vs- EA).
    I fell into the trap of this thread.. lol. ..to each his own. The only reason Armani renounced AC in his book was to push EA...I thought that was rather tactless of him. I am far from elderly and AC looks stunning on me, so I'm happy. I have 'Youth-inized' Collezioni then, and Armani should pay me for that. [​IMG] ...if it's really for the elderly I'll be happy to grow into it :p
    It would have been better if he had supported all his labels equally. I have certainly seen EA but somehow it didn't grab me. Maybe it's the hype or maybe it just doesn't appeal to me, but that is my own preference.

8. video2

video2 Member

I think that EA line quality is a problem after all. AC suits are made much better (but style is very dull). You can see even hand work here. EA suits made by machines in Romania, Bulgaria, sometimes in Italy.... EA style is good (I have few jackets and suits. I like the cut) for young people, but it's obviously overpriced. AC overpriced too. In France you can buy new AC suit for 157 euros if you know where to look.[​IMG]

9. GiltEdge

GiltEdge Senior member

The AC 'on a forgotten corner' is actually on the more serious shopping street, near among others, Loro Piana, Jil Sander, etc... The EA on the other hand is next to mulberry and other midteir fashion brands trying to cash in on being near dior, YSL, and the flagship burberry shop...

Still - all this is sort of silly. You can clearly speak for yourself in saying that you are looking for a trendy variable style and are interested in EA.

I can say I am interested in more classic menswear and therefore am interested in AC. At the end of the day the serve different markets - Armani has always been a businessman first and a designer second so this expert stratification isn't really a surprise!

EA was in the Madison space for 20 or less years. AC just took over in 2009, after they moved EA to 5th, which does not carry everything from what I am told. Soho is their current and always was the NY and US flagship, despite its small space. I know people that go out of their way to go to that store, I have no idea why TBH, because Madison was huge.

Emporio Armani is better fabrics, better constructed and better styles than Collezione is currently.

to the OP, dont do a public thread asking opinions you'll only get ignorance. just pm me.

+1, sho knows a lot of about ALL the lines

Where was it that Armani renounced AC? What was the book called?

"Being Armani", released in I think 2007, it is a Q&A with him and his family and staff.

10. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

no i dont, but i can say they are saying ignorantly if they say collezione is better than emporio.

this is not an opinionated answer. you can empirically determine emporio is better than collezione! that is how good emporio is now

11. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

no i dont, but i can say they are saying ignorantly if they say collezione is better than emporio.

this is not an opinionated answer. you can empirically determine emporio is better than collezione! that is how good emporio is now

No, it is an opinion, and please allow those to have theirs that differ with yours. End of story!

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

13. GiltEdge

GiltEdge Senior member

No, it is an opinion, and please allow those to have theirs that differ with yours. End of story!

When it comes to quality, I do not see how an opinion is important. In this case its facts.

FACT: EA is made in GA's factories in Milan on Via Borgonovo, right next to Armani apartment. AC is not, it is mostly made in China, Tunisa, and Turkey.

14. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

When it comes to quality, I do not see how an opinion is important. In this case its facts.

FACT: EA is made in GA's factories in Milan on Via Borgonovo, right next to Armani apartment. AC is not, it is mostly made in China, Tunisa, and Turkey.

+1

and another thing.

just go to EA boutique. close your eyes and run your hand through their array of suits and coats.

and then do the same with Collezione. whereever they carry it. perhaps blooingdales.

run your hand through their suits.

you will immediately notice the difference in fabric quality and how they respond to your hand.
    there is no question the latter feels like made in some china garments.

15. Mild Mannered

Mild Mannered Senior member

+1,000,000 To each his own. Live and let live. [​IMG]