• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I liked those, mostly because they made him seem likable rather than for the style.

Don't you think that it is preferable to like a man's clothes, but detest the man?

- B

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My quick thoughts about PG will have to wait because my brain needs booze

Thanks for including me, Bill. My recent lament is waived for now because the rain and lower temps this week allowed me to return to normal

Also, cheers, mossrocks

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Part of me wants to tell Binge about AA.

He can still take pics while indulging. IIRC you were too drunk to get a pic the other night. You have alot to learn.
cheers.gif

Mike

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
He can still take pics while indulging. IIRC you were too drunk to get a pic the other night. You have alot to learn.
cheers.gif

Indeed. That last shot was after an evening downing 5L of Hofbräu at Schroeder's.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
Indeed. That last shot was after an evening downing 5L of Hofbräu at Schroeder's.

Quite good. My DB shots came after 3/4 of a bottle of Sobieski.

KtownGreg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest for the Week Ending 07/17/2009 How do we learn from his efforts? I really feel that many of us, including me, could benefit from understanding what's going on better. Many say that they are inspired by Phatty...but there is no convincing evidence that I see that anyone has successfully copied the gist of what he is doing. Contrast this with, say, what how iammatt dresses, which has obvious artifacts among others. Let's try to crack this Phatty conundrum. So, for this week, what is he doing to wear the same color family with such success? I think it is because he has a talent for integrating different surface interests and degrees of reflectivity in the fabrics in his ensembles. What do you guys think is happening in the photographs above? - B
Vox First, excellent effort this cycle. These are some of the most enjoyable posts on SF. Thank you for the work involved. You've (once again) captured the pulsatile whims of an actively engaged community. To your challenge: As one who has often sat back and watched the posts roll away, I've been intrigued by the dynamics. This forum has seen a variety of posts: stylistic endeavors, freshman attempts (mine included), quirky responses and home runs. PG consistently bats 1000. Secondly, I believe one of PG's components of success lies in his constant reinvention. Rarely, have I seen one do so much in a short period. I frequently find myself in a "fit rut." PG takes one suit and successfully creates eighteen unique looks. Each appears fresh with a certain panache. His photography is dynamic with spot on exposure (perhaps one day he'll tell us how many shots he deletes). Moreover, the gentle placement of lifestyle shots within his posts leaves me (perhaps others hungering for more. I've never been a big noodle fan but....Laundry? Maybe I could look great doing it? Dinner with Red? We should all be so lucky. As to the question of his limited palate success. I have no idea. Certainly, my attempts to replicate it would fail. But what the hell I'm going to try it anyway. Perhaps this is the Guido mystique?

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KtownGreg
Vox

First, excellent effort this cycle. These are some of the most enjoyable posts on SF. Thank you for the work involved. You've (once again) captured the pulsatile whims of an actively engaged community.

To you challenge:

As one who has often sat back and watched the posts roll away, I've been intrigued by the dynamics. This forum has seen a variety of posts: stylistic endeavors, freshman attempts (mine included), quirky responses and home runs. PG consistently bats 1000.

Secondly, I believe one of PG's components of success lies in his constant reinvention. Rarely, have I seen one do so much in a short period. I frequently find myself in a "fit rut." PG takes one suit and successfully creates eighteen unique looks. Each appears fresh with a certain panache. His photography is dynamic with spot on exposure (perhaps one day he'll tell us how many shots he deletes). Moreover, the gentle placement of lifestyle shots within his posts leaves me (perhaps others hungering for more. I've never been a big noodle fan but....Laundry? Maybe I could look great doing it? Dinner with Red? We should all be so lucky.

Well said Greg. If I had to boil it down to two people that made me join the forum it would be Vox and PG. Both incredibly entertaining in their own rights.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People join the forum because of Vox?Woah, this is some ****.Does anyone have a shrine to Vox?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bill, I am hurt, at least 5 fit pics and not one mention.. Must I resort to my decapitated shoo shots in front of the 19s to make it anymore?
butbut.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Bill, I am hurt, at least 5 fit pics and not one mention.. Must I resort to my decapitated shoo shots in front of the 19s to make it anymore?
butbut.gif

Knees down, you are a god...the kind that is half animal, half human...the best kind.

It's your jackets that I haven't figured out...it's not the oft wild combos, it's more the fit.

I'm paying attention, though.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads