• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I worked a bit on that last week.

Be patient.

- B

Very pleased to hear it! I've managed to arrange some work over the next few weeks, so there's lots of potential for me to embarass myself in the casual atmosphere of the office (As I type, I am the only man wearing his tie)

You had fantastic pics last week..

Just redo... you know, PG and you share a quality that is seldom discussed: making what you wear come alive.

- B

Thank you. I think the point you raise about bringing the clothing to life deserves its own thread - this quality is particularly prevalent amongst the HKG & PRC contingent. if I can make a coherent enough opening statement, perhaps I will...

Originally Posted by Parker
Barims, I nominate your Junya summer fit for this week's Look of the Week. That was great.

Originally Posted by ndw
+1

I really appreciate Barims' creativity and overall looks. You really are fantastic. Many of the things you wear I could not pull off myself, due to being part a conservative profession.. But, you are a great inspiration.

Originally Posted by bluemagic
Just wanted to echo the barims praise.

Hearty thanks to all of you - drinks someday, I hope. NDW, having left the financial services world recently, I found it difficult to curb my showier tendencies, especially lacking for appropriately conservative single breasted suits as I was, and still am. I eventually did what Holdfast has rather expertly pulled off - introducing the more whimsical pieces on a stealthy basis - and over time, it was taken as a given

Ha! You are such an enabler.

But you are like a fantastic Internet Petri dish of stylistic values: you observe and process everything, and you become better and better.

We can get rid of 95% of all MC threads if we focused on what you did; why you did it; what resources were at hand; and were you...

(a) Wow

(b) ****, he looks good in a mode in which I would look bad.

So: I'll be sacrificing you on the altar.

- B

I agree with all of this. The attention to detail yielded by PG's OCD is fantastically precise and informative, and the developments are practically worthy of a postgraduate course module. It's also clear that seeing it in the flesh really reveals the detail, considering thethoroughness of his photography

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geeze, will you just get with the digest already??? It's not like you have anything else to do . . . .

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thevoxstory.jpg

JaPo

Reaction score
ultravox.jpg

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was on a plane the other day, I looked up and saw a guy get on the plane...big guy. I knew he lifted. I knew he ate oatmeal and egg whites for breakfast. He looked at me. He knew I lifted. He knew I had a protein shake before bed. We didnt say one word to each other,but I knew...and he knew.

Nothing like subtlety.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest for the Week Ending 07/17/2009

A bit of a format change, with different sections.

Main section:

S7306385.jpg

IMG_6860.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

rva62o.jpg

stilmacher21.jpg

140709copy.jpg

biml2b.jpg

willatdesk.jpg

16288515.jpg

yfyf-2009-07-15-re.jpg

fuuma.jpg

15fr8m9.jpg

yfyf-2009-07-16-3-re.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

P1020850.jpg

Lifestyle pic of the week:

ziltemol.jpg

Big Bingey sub-digest:

20090713-1.jpg

20090714-2.jpg

20090716-1.jpg

Gateway pic to PG Thought of the Week:

L1020953.jpg

PG Thought of the Week:

L1020644.jpg

L1020729.jpg

Phatty is in a completely different league from the rest of us in putting in time and effort to share a remarkable variety and depth of photography focused on masculine style. So, we already know that he is stylish, confident in his style, decisive about changes, and has an uncanny eye for revelatory photographs.

How do we learn from his efforts? I really feel that many of us, including me, could benefit from understanding what's going on better. Many say that they are inspired by Phatty...but there is no convincing evidence that I see that anyone has successfully copied the gist of what he is doing. Contrast this with, say, what how iammatt dresses, which has obvious artifacts among others.

Let's try to crack this Phatty conundrum. So, for this week, what is he doing to wear the same color family with such success? I think it is because he has a talent for integrating different surface interests and degrees of reflectivity in the fabrics in his ensembles.

What do you guys think is happening in the photographs above?

My favorite photo from last week:

Longweekend1.jpg

Oh, mama.

- B

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
did i miss the cut because i posted looks during the week you were on hiatus?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics