• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What more can I ask.

Perhaps I'll start a thread about my fits, one intended to draw constructive criticism and the odd "well done"..

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KtownGreg
Vox

First, excellent effort this cycle. These are some of the most enjoyable posts on SF. Thank you for the work involved. You've (once again) captured the pulsatile whims of an actively engaged community.

To your challenge:

As one who has often sat back and watched the posts roll away, I've been intrigued by the dynamics. This forum has seen a variety of posts: stylistic endeavors, freshman attempts (mine included), quirky responses and home runs. PG consistently bats 1000.

Secondly, I believe one of PG's components of success lies in his constant reinvention. Rarely, have I seen one do so much in a short period. I frequently find myself in a "fit rut." PG takes one suit and successfully creates eighteen unique looks. Each appears fresh with a certain panache. His photography is dynamic with spot on exposure (perhaps one day he'll tell us how many shots he deletes). Moreover, the gentle placement of lifestyle shots within his posts leaves me (perhaps others hungering for more. I've never been a big noodle fan but....Laundry? Maybe I could look great doing it? Dinner with Red? We should all be so lucky.

As to the question of his limited palate success. I have no idea. Certainly, my attempts to replicate it would fail. But what the hell I'm going to try it anyway. Perhaps this is the Guido mystic?

KT, you are probably one of the kindest people here. I'm grateful that you take care of kids, but you can still smash up bone.

Do you know what you need? A great bespoke tailor. You can afford it, and you don't need many pieces.

Think about it. My default between-the-oceans-guy is Despos, only because his statements cannot be faulted.

Try it out: (1) patterned blue suit, (2) blue odd jacket, (3) brown tweed jacket, (4) something blue or tan in worsted cashmere.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
What more can I ask.

Perhaps I'll start a thread about my fits, one intended to draw constructive criticism and the odd "well done"..

Two words: bespoke tailor.

Start with a couple odd jackets.

- B

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Two words: bespoke tailor.

Start with a couple odd jackets.

- B

Honestly? No interest, and even less patience.. Getting my haircut is one of the most dreaded of all days for me, since I hate sitting still for a half hour. I compensate by keeping my hair longer than I should.. It's a character flaw of mine, but I need things NOW!

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly? No interest, and even less patience.. Getting my haircut is one of the most dreaded of all days for me, since I hate sitting still for a half hour. I compensate by keeping my hair longer than I should.. It's a character flaw of mine, but I need things NOW!
I think its the shoulders on those suits, they always look bumpy and too big. You're always well put together, and of course the shoes are great. Do you have any jackets with natural shoulders, and only a light structure?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
I think its the shoulders on those suits, they always look bumpy and too big. You're always well put together, and of course the shoes are great.

My shoulders are bumpy and too big, they look like that in shirts..
baldy[1].gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score

If you have patience to post here and read things, you have patience to have bees make a honeycomb around your body while you are awake.

- B

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you have patience to post here and read things, you have patience to have bees make a honeycomb around your body while you are awake.

- B

That's just it.. Besides posting in MC, I am even starting to get bored posting here altogether. Actually excluding this past week, I was rarely even doing that anymore. Too many asshats here who could stand to look in the ******* mirror themselves,
laugh.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's just it.. Besides posting in MC, I am even starting to get bored posting here altogether. Actually excluding this past week, I was rarely even doing that anymore. Too many asshats here who could stand to look in the ******* mirror themselves,
laugh.gif

Up your sartorial game, my Vass-wearing, M3-driving friend.

Seriously: your boredom means only one thing.

Escalation.

- B

KtownGreg

Reaction score
Thank you. If only I could spell mystique. Are there any good motorcycle roads in IN?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Up your sartorial game, my Vass-wearing, M3-driving friend.

Seriously: your boredom means only one thing.

Escalation.

- B

lol, no B, I am afraid not, I think it means.. boredom.. In all seriousness, there are times I feel I just have a bad eye for clothes, because I find myself wondering if I am looking at the same fits that generate endless "bravos" and "superbs".. There are some truly fantastic dressers here, iammatt, yfyf, yourself, foof, edmorel, PG, neo, but from time to time, I just find myself thinking I am just out of touch for not appreciating fits that seem to generate raves.. Maybe I am too old for this message board ****..

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
lol, no B, I am afraid not, I think it means.. boredom.. In all seriousness, there are times I feel I just have a bad eye for clothes, because I find myself wondering if I am looking at the same fits that generate endless "bravos" and "superbs".. There are some truly fantastic dressers here, iammatt, yfyf, yourself, foof, edmorel, PG, neo, but from time to time, I just find myself thinking I am just out of touch for not appreciating fits that seem to generate raves.. Maybe I am too old for this message board ****..

Absolutely not.

Listen to me: if there was ever a man who was made to benefit from a great bespoke tailor, it is you. RTW serves you inadequately.

Plus, while you think you might be bored, you're not. Your interest in clothes will never be expiated.

- B

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

Don't sell yourself short, and don't make a going away post if you're not going away. Lessons from Mr. Moo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads