• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Factual errors/dumb stuff in movies that really ruin it for you

superfans124

Reaction score
how about...daniel craig as James B*L*ond,

and black jesus in general
cloud.gif

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't ruin it for me, but I thought it was amusing that Julia Roberts was shooting portraits in Closer with a Leica - but when printed for her exhibition they were full-frame Hasselblad (you could even see the notches).

Lachy

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed in many movies, the roads are always wet, but the weather is sunny and fine, with no mention of rain. They must do this for some film reason, maybe a dry road doesn't film well? It pisses me off though.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When they insist on removing a bullet from someone, even though they lack proper equipment, a sterilized environment, and are most likely doing more harm then good.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
When they insist on removing a bullet from someone, even though they lack proper equipment, a sterilized environment, and are most likely doing more harm then good.
As long as you pour some cheap whiskey on it (after drinking half the bottle yourself), you are fine. Hand me that rusty X-acto knife and those bent up tweezers son, I gotta dig this slug out of this asshole before I pass out.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
As long as you pour some cheap whiskey on it (after drinking half the bottle yourself), you are fine. Hand me that rusty X-acto knife and those bent up tweezers son, I gotta dig this slug out of this asshole before I pass out.

I think Rambo started this trend. Everyone else has been a poseur.

emosstheboss

Reaction score
The part in Rocky where he downs 8 raw eggs at 3 am before heading out for his run in 28 degree weather. I don't care how dedicated you are; nobody ******* does that.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emosstheboss
The part in Rocky where he downs 8 raw eggs at 3 am before heading out for his run in 28 degree weather. I don't care how dedicated you are; nobody ******* does that.

supposedly stallone is the embodiment of a morning person. he used to train at a gym near my house at 4:30 in the morning.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emosstheboss

You're clueless.

Seanallen

Reaction score
1246075884798.jpg

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In one of the spiderman movies where Doc Ock says he studies "science"- Looks doofus, if you're doing fusion, its Physics!
censored.gif

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
In one of the spiderman movies where Doc Ock says he studies "science"- Looks doofus, if you're doing fusion, its Physics!

censored.gif

cheers.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Most of what is mentioned doesn't shock me, most of the time the director and writers are aware some information is presented in an inaccurate manner but they do it to move the plot in an appropriate rhythm. A movie creates it's own world, all I care is that it makes sense within the context of that world.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Most of what is mentioned doesn't shock me, most of the time the director and writers are aware some information is presented in an inaccurate manner but they do it to move the plot in an appropriate rhythm. A movie creates it's own world, all I care is that it makes sense within the context of that world.

i disagree. for the most part, a film is only interesting to the extent that it expresses something about this world. of course this does not apply to science-fiction.

also, if you are to immerse yourself in the film, you want to forget you are watching one, instead of being jolted out of your suspension of disbelief by some glaring inaccuracy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads