• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Bed

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Maybe you shouldn't have married someone so needy...
smile.gif

Well you know, she's half Japanese, what can I say?
devil.gif

Particularly useful when you want to listen to some rap music, but white guilt starts creeping in around the edges.
smile.gif

LOL, is this my first post you've read? Me with white guild?
crackup[1].gif

wink.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Well you know, she's half Japanese, what can I say?
devil.gif

Sayonara?
smile.gif
LOL, is this my first post you've read? Me with white guild?
crackup[1].gif
wink.gif
Yeah, sorry. I forgot who I was talking to.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Here ya go Pio. You Should Come Out To The Country House This Weekend And Envy My Family's Extreme Wealth
I would go in a second! It's always been rather motivational for me to spend time with people that are heads and shoulders above me in station. In fact, if not for exposures such as this, I'd be driving an old Chevy Nova and living in a little house with plastic on the windows, to shut out the draft. I think the main reason I totally lack white guilt was for being born so ******* poor.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I would go in a second! It's always been rather motivational for me to spend time that are heads and shoulders above me in station. In fact, if not for exposures such as this, I'd be driving an old Chevy Nova and living in a little house with plastic on the windows, to shut out the draft. I think the main reason I totally lack white guilt was for being born so ******* poor.

I'd probably go and steal something that they won't ever miss. Like a Bentley.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Think I found my bed. King, with drawers, about 2k. Hand made by Amish and Menonite workers.

http://www.platformbeds.com/index.ph...000728&l2=true

Very nice. We had a similar headboard but we like the front of the bed to be covered in comforters. Yeah, a bit traditional but comfy as hell. We are not as hyper-modern as some of you city folk.
smile.gif

nioh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
The problem with the Porro stuff is that the finishing looks kind of crappy in real life. We looked at a the Tokyo bed, but it looked cheaply made.

Never having seen them in person, I had hoped for more.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Very nice. We had a similar headboard but we like the front of the bed to be covered in comforters. Yeah, a bit traditional but comfy as hell. We are not as hyper-modern as some of you city folk.
smile.gif

Heh, I hope that last sentence was directed at me. Those beds are hand made, each item made by a single Amish or Mennonite carpenter
wink.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hypersonic
'Lipla' from Porro
i1feia.jpg

10z4ua0.jpg

'Tokyo' from Porro
16iw3m9.jpg

'Modulor' from Porro
1nz3pt.jpg

'High-Wave' by Molteni&C
30rtts9.jpg

aku2vl.jpg

'Glove' from Molteni&C
63vxj5.jpg

novt5d.jpg

These are various degrees of great, but you really need the interiors to make them look right.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Eh, not a fan.
LOL, now there's a surprise!
wink.gif
Our house style is not going to take the ultra modern look nor the pseudo Japanese look. And I have to be frank, even if the architecture was fit for it, I'd not fill it with plasticy looking items by some designer of the moment. I just prefer warm and natural materials vs. the many items I have seen posted in this forum. Each to his own though I say.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LOL, now there's a surprise!
wink.gif
Our house style is not going to take the ultra modern look nor the pseudo Japanese look. And I have to be frank, even if the architecture was fit for it, I'd not fill it with plasticy looking crap by some designer of the moment. I just prefer warm and natural materials vs. the many items I have seen posted in this forum. Each to his own though I say.

+1 for a crowd of people who can't stand rubber bottoms on their shoes, or big name designer clothes i'm surprised by the pieces of furniture on this board. I think its a pretty decent choice. The Hudson stuff posted earlier was pretty awesome, but i also assume 2k doesn't touch it. My local woodcutter sells black walnut slabs like the headboards featured and those alone are usually $300-$600.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
+1 for a crowd of people who can't stand rubber bottoms on their shoes, or big name designer clothes i'm surprised by the pieces of furniture on this board.

I think its a pretty decent choice. The Hudson stuff posted earlier was pretty awesome, but i also assume 2k doesn't touch it.

My local woodcutter sells black walnut slabs like the headboards featured and those alone are usually $300-$600.

The Hudson priced out over 12k for bed, light board, and two night stands. I like the looks of this bed better, so a 10k win...which I can use on my bar
smile.gif

Seriously, each to his own. I could see having the pseudo Japanese look, with real wood (not plasticy stuff) in a sleek, big city apartment, or an ultra-modern style hillside home. Our house just won't be fitting for that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads