New Bed

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Piobaire, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Maybe you shouldn't have married someone so needy... [​IMG]

Well you know, she's half Japanese, what can I say? [​IMG]

Particularly useful when you want to listen to some rap music, but white guilt starts creeping in around the edges. [​IMG]

LOL, is this my first post you've read? Me with white guild? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Well you know, she's half Japanese, what can I say? [​IMG]
    Sayonara? [​IMG]
    Yeah, sorry. I forgot who I was talking to.

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

4. Piobaire

Here ya go Pio. You Should Come Out To The Country House This Weekend And Envy My Family's Extreme Wealth
    I would go in a second! It's always been rather motivational for me to spend time with people that are heads and shoulders above me in station. In fact, if not for exposures such as this, I'd be driving an old Chevy Nova and living in a little house with plastic on the windows, to shut out the draft. I think the main reason I totally lack white guilt was for being born so fucking poor.

5. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I would go in a second! It's always been rather motivational for me to spend time that are heads and shoulders above me in station. In fact, if not for exposures such as this, I'd be driving an old Chevy Nova and living in a little house with plastic on the windows, to shut out the draft. I think the main reason I totally lack white guilt was for being born so fucking poor.

I'd probably go and steal something that they won't ever miss. Like a Bentley.

6. Piobaire

7. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

only worth it if it comes with one of those peach pies the Amish do so well.

8. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Think I found my bed. King, with drawers, about 2k. Hand made by Amish and Menonite workers.

http://www.platformbeds.com/index.ph...000728&l2=true

Very nice. We had a similar headboard but we like the front of the bed to be covered in comforters. Yeah, a bit traditional but comfy as hell. We are not as hyper-modern as some of you city folk. [​IMG]

9. nioh

nioh Senior member

The problem with the Porro stuff is that the finishing looks kind of crappy in real life. We looked at a the Tokyo bed, but it looked cheaply made.

Never having seen them in person, I had hoped for more.

10. Piobaire

Very nice. We had a similar headboard but we like the front of the bed to be covered in comforters. Yeah, a bit traditional but comfy as hell. We are not as hyper-modern as some of you city folk. [​IMG]

Heh, I hope that last sentence was directed at me. Those beds are hand made, each item made by a single Amish or Mennonite carpenter [​IMG]

11. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

'Lipla' from Porro
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

'Tokyo' from Porro
    [​IMG]

'Modulor' from Porro
    [​IMG]

'High-Wave' by Molteni&C
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

'Glove' from Molteni&C
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are various degrees of great, but you really need the interiors to make them look right.

12. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Eh, not a fan.

13. Piobaire

Eh, not a fan.
    LOL, now there's a surprise! [​IMG] Our house style is not going to take the ultra modern look nor the pseudo Japanese look. And I have to be frank, even if the architecture was fit for it, I'd not fill it with plasticy looking items by some designer of the moment. I just prefer warm and natural materials vs. the many items I have seen posted in this forum. Each to his own though I say.

14. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

LOL, now there's a surprise! [​IMG] Our house style is not going to take the ultra modern look nor the pseudo Japanese look. And I have to be frank, even if the architecture was fit for it, I'd not fill it with plasticy looking crap by some designer of the moment. I just prefer warm and natural materials vs. the many items I have seen posted in this forum. Each to his own though I say.
    +1 for a crowd of people who can't stand rubber bottoms on their shoes, or big name designer clothes i'm surprised by the pieces of furniture on this board. I think its a pretty decent choice. The Hudson stuff posted earlier was pretty awesome, but i also assume 2k doesn't touch it. My local woodcutter sells black walnut slabs like the headboards featured and those alone are usually $300-$600.

15. Piobaire

+1 for a crowd of people who can't stand rubber bottoms on their shoes, or big name designer clothes i'm surprised by the pieces of furniture on this board.

I think its a pretty decent choice. The Hudson stuff posted earlier was pretty awesome, but i also assume 2k doesn't touch it.

My local woodcutter sells black walnut slabs like the headboards featured and those alone are usually $300-$600.

The Hudson priced out over 12k for bed, light board, and two night stands. I like the looks of this bed better, so a 10k win...which I can use on my bar [​IMG]

Seriously, each to his own. I could see having the pseudo Japanese look, with real wood (not plasticy stuff) in a sleek, big city apartment, or an ultra-modern style hillside home. Our house just won't be fitting for that.