• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CC have you heard of kilsgaard?
What do you think of the construction and materials?

rjacobs

Reaction score
Hey CityConnection or anyone else - I'm looking for new glasses. Which ones do you like better, or should I keep shopping?
glasses.jpg
On the left: Martin & Martin Wilhelm On the right: Cutler and Gross 0692 (I'd get it in red though, pictured above)

phildo

Reaction score
I like them both. The ones on the right give off a more hipster/youthful vibe and the ones on the left make you look more college prof/intellectual. Depends what you're trying to go for.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjacobs
Hey CityConnection or anyone else - I'm looking for new glasses. Which ones do you like better, or should I keep shopping?

Martin & Martin Wilhelm[/url]
On the right: Cutler and Gross 0692 (I'd get it in red though, pictured above)

What do you do? If you want a more hipster/fashion look, go for the ones on the right. If you want a bit more conservative and sophisticated, go for the ones on the left. Seems like the Matyn and Martyn ones sit much better on your nose though. The Cultler ad Gross ones seem to lift off too much, making it look like its poping off.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flieger
CC have you heard of kilsgaard?
What do you think of the construction and materials?

I havent heard of them but I did do a bit of research on them. I like the looks of them but definitely not for everyone. The style is definitely for early adapters. I dont know what material they are made of but my educated guess is aluminum. They are a bit thicker, and seem like they use heavy duty hinges and so on. I dont know what their suggested retail is, but I wouldn't pay more than $350 or so for them. But they seem to be a "lifestyle" brand.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone asked me about the limited run Raybans. Chances are you will NOT find them online. They are all serial numbered and only given to limited stores. Find a high producing account and see if they can get it for you. In Canada you will be paying roughly $600 though.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have any recommendations for something close to this IC Berlin frame? I just can't deal with IC Berlin's prices, especially when the frame looks really fragile, but I still really do like this design.
22309959.jpg
94700458.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Despite how it looks the frame is actually very sturdy, but it is also very flexible. My local store was showing them to me and was bending them in all sorts of directions and they always kept their shape afterwards.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Despite how it looks the frame is actually very sturdy, but it is also very flexible. My local store was showing them to me and was bending them in all sorts of directions and they always kept their shape afterwards.

You're right, they are quite flexible and durable. But i have to agree with Arthusa, they are on the pricier side. They will usually retail for $400+. But in any case, there aren't very many other companies that make them like the one you showed (unless you want a copy) and I'll tell you why. The frame you showed is actually not a regular rim. It is grooved like a semi rimless frame and held together with the frame instead of the nylon wire. I cant think of any cheaper alternatives, except Lindberg but they aren't cheap either. It is difficult for fabricate the frames for cheap because they require so much precision to make them well. And their quality is reflected in their price.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
You're right, they are quite flexible and durable. But i have to agree with Arthusa, they are on the pricier side. They will usually retail for $400+. But in any case, there aren't very many other companies that make them like the one you showed (unless you want a copy) and I'll tell you why. The frame you showed is actually not a regular rim. It is grooved like a semi rimless frame and held together with the frame instead of the nylon wire. I cant think of any cheaper alternatives, except Lindberg but they aren't cheap either. It is difficult for fabricate the frames for cheap because they require so much precision to make them well. And their quality is reflected in their price.
Oh well. They don't seem to pop up on ebay, which is about the only way I can afford $500 glasses on a student's budget. At least they're not as fragile as I thought.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads