• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Champions League '08 - '09

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Apparently the host city impressed The Guardian(?) so much that they are calling for Roma to become the permanent venue for the final.....
nod[1].gif

My brother was there for the game. He said it sucked. They wouldn't let them organize in one stop to watch the game. They ended up watching the game in one area where about 2,000 ManU fans had set up a big screen. He said there was too much violence other times when they set it up in a square for everyone to watch.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
My brother was there for the game. He said it sucked. They wouldn't let them organize in one stop to watch the game. They ended up watching the game in one area where about 2,000 ManU fans had set up a big screen. He said there was too much violence other times when they set it up in a square for everyone to watch.

what does this mean?

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry it should have said "one place to watch........"

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Unfortunately, it appears a ManU supporter stabbed four people on a bus in Rome after the game. Not sure if this was just general craziness or anger after the game, but...

b

I can not find a single piece of information anywhere relating to this incident.
Do you have a link?

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Damn straight.

Cue the "waaaa, but were you there sniffing C. Ronaldo's jock? If not, then you're not a real fan"

Btw, Greek, I think you'll dig this video. Sure as hell got me pumped up for the match...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

No no you're right. The game of football is lacking "fans" who sit in their armchairs watching it live,sorry watching REPEATS of live games.We need to get those stadiums empty,don't pay your money and make the effort,don't give the teams the revenue to survive,stay in your armchair watching repeats and then after the repeat go on a forum and talk ****.
This is definitely the future,I am ripping up my season ticket as I type,I have had an epiphany.Thank you so much embowafa.
Barcelona are a fantastic,honourable club with a history to match but turds like you give them a bad name.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
I can not find a single piece of information anywhere relating to this incident.
Do you have a link?

the only thing isaw was a utd supporter stabbed early morning hours along the tiber

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the only thing isaw was a utd supporter stabbed early morning hours along the tiber

Me too. I think Bob has been smoking something.
crackup[1].gif

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
organize what?

I think what Philip is referring to is a series of fields on the outskirts of Rome rented by a British businessman where Utd fans could camp and watch the game on a giant screen.There were no screens erected in Rome by the authorities.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No no you're right. The game of football is lacking "fans" who sit in their armchairs watching it live,sorry watching REPEATS of live games.We need to get those stadiums empty,don't pay your money and make the effort,don't give the teams the revenue to survive,stay in your armchair watching repeats and then after the repeat go on a forum and talk ****.
This is definitely the future,I am ripping up my season ticket as I type,I have had an epiphany.Thank you so much embowafa.
Barcelona are a fantastic,honourable club with a history to match but turds like you give them a bad name.

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Yes, that's EXACTLY what I meant.

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have a link?

I guess I read the headline wrong. Here is what I could find.

"Security officials reported scattered episodes of violence, including two stabbings hours before the match. By Thursday, as most of the fans were returning home, 24 people had been arrested, Rome police said.

"Four Italian fans attacked an American man in Ostia, on the coast near Rome, apparently mistaking him for a United fan. In the other case, a United fan was knifed near his hotel in the Vatican area. Both men were hospitalized."

from Fox Sports World

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Yes, that's EXACTLY what I meant.

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

This is what a Champions League Final looks like:
4418_102450205866_518790866_3137364_4961543_n.jpg

I would rather go to 10 finals and lose them all than be a plastic wannabee.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what a Champions League Final looks like:
4418_102450205866_518790866_3137364_4961543_n.jpg

I would rather go to 10 finals and lose them all than be a plastic wannabee.

This was CLEARLY taken before the game. Hey! I found some AFTER pictures...wanna see??

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

aficionman2.jpg

Your bitchiness is not very becoming of you.
smack.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads