• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Champions League '08 - '09

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attaboy. Do you watch Gol in English or Espanol? Sometimes I just have to get away from Ray Hudson's nuttiness.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
Now we,ve ventured into the Internet Liar Zone. You have never been to a competitive Barca game,you are a plastic clown who watches REPEATS of live games. There will possibly have been more guests on the site than usual because I have received texts from 7 friends who have had a look because they didn't believe someone like you exists. Enough is enough now it got futile about 2 pages ago. FACT: A team I support got beaten in the Champions League Final,that I was at,by a team you watch 6 hours after they have played.
CORRECTION!!! I watched them 10 hours after they played!! Ahhhhhhh, I can feel ******** shrinking by the second as your coolness grows ever so strong!!!
FACT:After the game while Utd fans were crying/looking miserable/heads in hands etc...you still didn't know the score,you were in your office earning thousands and thousands which you wouldn't dream of spending on a ticket to see Barca.Congratulations.
CORRECTION!!! I was NOT in my office. I was at lunch with my team. One other correction, the Man U fans were crying/looking miserable/heads in hands WAYYY before the game ended. Somewhere around the 10th minute is when it started, I believe
bigstar[1].gif
Arguing with such a muppet is pointless so my contribution to said argument ends here.
Yay!!! I win again!!!!!! embowafa 2 - 0 benecios. Now where have I seen this score before???

Germanicus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
So, now I have to prove my fanhood? Uh, shurrr... I've seen every single league, Copa Del Rey, and CL game on either GolTV, ESPNDeportes, ESPN2, ESPN, or BarcaTV this year. The only game, to my recollection that I did not watch was a league game a few weeks ago that GolTV did not broadcast. That doesn't count the Joan Gamper Cup vs. Boca Juniors (preseason) that I also watched on ESPN. Tadda!
Why are you so bitter?

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
Attaboy. Do you watch Gol in English or Espanol? Sometimes I just have to get away from Ray Hudson's nuttiness.
I have TimeWarner in LA. Most of the time it's in Spanish...every few weeks it'll magically switch to English. I'm fluent in Spanish, so I have no problem. I actually like Ray Hudson...he's very very very very over the top, but IMO he's the closest thing to an English speaking Latin/Spanish style commentator, and I like that.
Originally Posted by Germanicus
Why are you so bitter?
Not bitter. Maybe I misinterpreted the reason for your question. Sorry. Like I said, nothing's wiping the smile I have away any time soon!!!

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have TimeWarner in LA. Most of the time it's in Spanish...every few weeks it'll magically switch to English.

I'm fluent in Spanish, so I have no problem.

I actually like Ray Hudson...he's very very very very over the top, but IMO he's the closest thing to an English speaking Latin/Spanish style commentator, and I like that.

Not bitter. Maybe I misinterpreted the reason for your question. Sorry. Like I said, nothing's wiping the smile I have away any time soon!!!

Yeah, I like him most of the time. But I often watch with friends who don't understand Spanish, so it gets tiring. But his man-crush rants on Deco from a few years ago were some one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Germanicus

Reaction score

It was just out of interest. IMO we're all gloryhunters but that's normal so I won't make that much of a fuss about it as benecios.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have TimeWarner in LA. Most of the time it's in Spanish...every few weeks it'll magically switch to English.

I'm fluent in Spanish, so I have no problem.

I actually like Ray Hudson...he's very very very very over the top, but IMO he's the closest thing to an English speaking Latin/Spanish style commentator, and I like that.

i'm mexican and i hate the announcers in spanish. i would love the tv to have an s.a.p. channel without announcers, just the sound of the environment. that's why the best announcers are the old time british ones. they spoke very little.

the announcers are usually watching the game on a screen, just like you, so why would you want some guy babbling on the whole time? can you imagine going to the game and having some guy babbling on the whole time about what's happening in the game? that's obnoxious. you see what's happening for yourself.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score

There's a wikipedia page with the silliest stuff he's ever said.

hes funny though and entertaining to listen to.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
This is what a Champions League Final looks like:
4418_102450205866_518790866_3137364_4961543_n.jpg

I would rather go to 10 finals and lose them all than be a plastic wannabee.

beneccios - nice pix! i know united supporters have their issues w/ Rome, but what did you think this time around as 'neutral' venue?

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
beneccios - nice pix! i know united supporters have their issues w/ Rome, but what did you think this time around as 'neutral' venue?

I wasn't there long enough to give a detailed account but in the short time I was there I was quite impressed.I went with a bit of trepidation after the horror stories of previous visits by English clubs,however as I said in a previous post I witnessed quite the opposite with both sets of fans rubbing along quite nicely.The stadium was fantastic,getting in was a bit of a drama but everyone got in there for kick off.Overall it was a great experience(the result could have been better
frown.gif
)and I wished I had taken a few days but it was all last minute.What people don't realise is going to an occasion like a Champions League Final is obviously enhanced by a positive result but there is a lot you can take away from such an experience.
I wouldn't go as far as to say every final should be there as I remember 99 in Barcelona being amazing,but maybe thats the result.
smile.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
Woohoo! United sell Ronaldo for 80 million pounds! Great news

Well, Kaka the other day, now C Ronaldo. RM is after their new cast of Los Galacticos I see.

b

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads